Just some pics showing the metamorphosis of the city:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Nice paint!!! :) :eek2:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ Oh thanks for posting this, Illircum, it's wonderful to see evidence of Mimica's conviction that a coat of paint can make all the difference in the world. :D

It looks great! I thought this rainbow Tirana was a recent invention - but some of the before pics look like faded versions of once very colorful buildings? Is the color brand new or was Tirana always a little more colorful than the average?

·
Incendia Astrum
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ĐaMila said:
^ Oh thanks for posting this, Illircum, it's wonderful to see evidence of Mimica's conviction that a coat of paint can make all the difference in the world. :D

It looks great! I thought this rainbow Tirana was a recent invention - but some of the before pics look like faded versions of once very colorful buildings? Is the color brand new or was Tirana always a little more colorful than the average?
Yes, indeed. It was colorfull above the average, apart for the commie blocks.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
ĐaMila said:

Honestly, all some cities need is to paint and clean out the trash, and it's a perfect city. Look at Tuzla for example. Some people believed that it was the uggliest city in Bosnia and Herzegovina, because of it's dirty industrial look, but then the government decided to put more work into it. The commie blocks got new paint, many more flowers were planted everywhere, and new buildings/modern were built. Now, it's already 1000 times better than before, and soon enough almost everyone will agree that it's extremely beautiful. :yes:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ I already loved Tuzla anyhow. It's old town is so old. There is one building there over 1000 years there. The industrial part of the city never subtracted from that for me. Take Mostar, parts of Mostar are freaking hideous, worse than Tuzla ever was - but no one cares. I had that with Tuzla.

·
Registered
533 Posts
IlliricumSacrum, Great Thread! I love the Before and After Pictures! Although I don't think they should just slap paint on to some of those more historic buildings, I agree that all that new paint, and renovation makes Tirana look Beautiful! Great Job! :)

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
I am still amazed by that canal transformation. Surprised everytime.

·
СМЕРТЬ
3,102 Posts
Nice!
And it's not JUST acoatofpaint - asmy compatiot noticed - the canal transformation AND beautification is amazing as well! - Makes it look more systematic and purposefull. Good job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts