SkyscraperCity Forum banner
8621 - 8640 of 8753 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
yeah there's no fast pace of growth comparing to other tire 2 cities in TN but i guess there's a consistency in growth of tvl , nellai is better than yesterday , once upon a time tirupur, erode, Vellore was small towns when tvl was considered as a city... believe nellai will be on the road back
That’s because all the industries are concentrated in the tirupur erode Coimbatore belt. Imagine if gangaikondan and nanguneri would have been functioning 100% since 2000”s , Tirunelveli would have been the most developed city in the southern tamilnadu.

· Registered
15 Posts
I want to say something to everyone. We cannot get any investors and private companies without improving our city connectivity from other places. Road, rail and air connectivity is very important for investors. Especially flight connectivity. Our first negative point is air connectivity and second is city roads and transport facilities. The best example is, As you know Tirumangalam is very far from Madurai city. I think almost 30 km. But after reaching Thirumangalam, city bus services are available to Mattuthavani, Arapalayam, Simmakkal. These all most important places in Madurai city.If you go to Mattuthavani bus stand,city bus facility is available all over Madurai city.but here,there is no proper bus service from the city to Gangaikondan and Naguneri. We are not like Chennai and Coimbatore. Without proper public transport in our area people will not commute 30 kilometers to work.Even 2 years ago there was no government bus (city bus) service from the new bus stand to the town. There is still no city bus from New Bus Stand to Pettai.If you get a chance to visit Madurai,Erode, Tirupur, Thanjavur, check the road facilities. Every location within the city limits has a proper center median with a proper 4 lane and lights. But our city is 🤦🤦🤦. For the past 20 years we have been using the same roads from the city center towards Tenkasi and KTC Nagar. No new roads, no alternative roads, no city development plan. Worst location in the city limit is 4 side roads of Nellayapar temple and melapalayam. melapalayam is very worst.No sanitation, cows and goats walk in the center of the road. No parking lots, no waste management. No center medians and lights.Both sides of the road are sand dunes.Melapalayam is in this situation which is 5 minutes from Palayangottai and the new bus stand.What I mean by this is that first of all we need to focus on developing our city area, which means proper city roads and connectivity, proper transportation from city center to all areas. Must Gangaikondan.The old road should be widened and new ring road schemes should be developed.Why I wrote this, I watched some youtube videos about our city and city roads, all of them are from other districts. They simply laughed and said what, this is the city?😣😣😢😢I feel very sad and angry with our city officials. Tirunelveli became a Municipal Corporation in 1995🔥🔥🔥Tirunelveli is the 5th largest city 🔥🔥🔥in Tamil Nadu after Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy and Salem. But the current situation is similar to 1995.All the cities that came behind us are ahead of us in development😣😢😣😢.Nellai friends please leave your comments here…

· Registered
24 Posts
I want to say something to everyone. We cannot get any investors and private companies without improving our city connectivity from other places. Road, rail and air connectivity is very important for investors. Especially flight connectivity. Our first negative point is air connectivity and second is city roads and transport facilities. The best example is, As you know Tirumangalam is very far from Madurai city. I think almost 30 km. But after reaching Thirumangalam, city bus services are available to Mattuthavani, Arapalayam, Simmakkal. These all most important places in Madurai city.If you go to Mattuthavani bus stand,city bus facility is available all over Madurai city.but here,there is no proper bus service from the city to Gangaikondan and Naguneri. We are not like Chennai and Coimbatore. Without proper public transport in our area people will not commute 30 kilometers to work.Even 2 years ago there was no government bus (city bus) service from the new bus stand to the town. There is still no city bus from New Bus Stand to Pettai.If you get a chance to visit Madurai,Erode, Tirupur, Thanjavur, check the road facilities. Every location within the city limits has a proper center median with a proper 4 lane and lights. But our city is 🤦🤦🤦. For the past 20 years we have been using the same roads from the city center towards Tenkasi and KTC Nagar. No new roads, no alternative roads, no city development plan. Worst location in the city limit is 4 side roads of Nellayapar temple and melapalayam. melapalayam is very worst.No sanitation, cows and goats walk in the center of the road. No parking lots, no waste management. No center medians and lights.Both sides of the road are sand dunes.Melapalayam is in this situation which is 5 minutes from Palayangottai and the new bus stand.What I mean by this is that first of all we need to focus on developing our city area, which means proper city roads and connectivity, proper transportation from city center to all areas. Must Gangaikondan.The old road should be widened and new ring road schemes should be developed.Why I wrote this, I watched some youtube videos about our city and city roads, all of them are from other districts. They simply laughed and said what, this is the city?😣😣😢😢I feel very sad and angry with our city officials. Tirunelveli became a Municipal Corporation in 1995🔥🔥🔥Tirunelveli is the 5th largest city 🔥🔥🔥in Tamil Nadu after Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy and Salem. But the current situation is similar to 1995.All the cities that came behind us are ahead of us in development😣😢😣😢.Nellai friends please leave your comments here…
Even madurai is still lacking basic infrastructure for its huge population, Nellai's infra is developing atleast now by relaying and widening roads , moreover western ring road, new upcoming bridges... upcoming industries help nellai further grow...i believe nellai is blessed with it's geographical location...

· Registered
90 Posts
Even madurai is still lacking basic infrastructure for its huge population, Nellai's infra is developing atleast now by relaying and widening roads , moreover western ring road, new upcoming bridges... upcoming industries help nellai further grow...i believe nellai is blessed with it's geographical location...
Also there is a issue in gangaikondan sipcot, the people who residing nearby villages close to sipcot are protesting against industries..due to this we have missed some firms.

· THAMIL INIYAN
277 Posts
yes you are correct we have been seeing our city since its became corporation there is no improvement in term of roads, drainage, drinking and waste management. Even single road in the city is not having pedestrian path. Whoever the politician in power doesn't have any sense of it and they are not think about the people need :(

· Registered
15 Posts
I totally agree with your point. With a population of 20 lakhs, all areas have excellent road connectivity, transport and air connectivity. There are many tourist attractions in the city limits. But Madurai is struggling to attract investors. Then how do we expect it?I hope one day our city will improve as you say..

· Registered
15 Posts
Also there is a issue in gangaikondan sipcot, the people who residing nearby villages close to sipcot are protesting against industries..due to this we have missed some firms.
People protested against the Kudankulam nuclear power plant, but the government did not care about it. Now look at Chennai 2 airport, people are doing the same. But the government is extending the municipal area up to Parantur. Once the government takes a decision, no one can stop it. But both our governments have completely focused on Chennai Chennai. Now they have gone to Coimbatore. Government officials have already said that there is no water to serve the people in Chennai. They are already struggling to provide drinking water. But they are expanding Chennai Corporation from 1000 sq km to 5000 sq km. What is the future plan of Tamil Nadu? Chennai is only Tamil Nadu?These kinds of questions run through my mind. Unless the government changes its outlook from Chennai, there is no chance of progress in other districts.

· Registered
778 Posts
Look like land Acquisition is on final stage which reached tharuvai village.
when I seen a tender during 2011 for DPR(just before election announcement) of western ring road by DMK(which was announced by stalin during inauguration TNSTC-nellai during oct2010) ,but 10years amma govt wasted,likewise he announce ambai/tenkasi/sankarankovil bypasses also)

· Registered
24 Posts
Myilsamy Annadurai request TN govt to Announce the 75 kms from Mahendragiri( Tirunelveli) and Kulasekarapattnam( Tuticorin) as a Space Corridor.. View attachment 4071351
it's High time for nellai - tuti districts development...if nellai - tuti can't be developed with this kind of developing stuff, it's completely government ignorance for sure...if govt just focus on down south, the region's growth def. be incomparable

· Registered
5,619 Posts
8621 - 8640 of 8753 Posts