SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tirunelveli-Projects & development

1595949 Views 8752 Replies 204 Participants Last post by  JOHNSON KENNADY
This thread is started to discuss the issues pertaining to the Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu, which is nicknamed as Nellai.
8661 - 8680 of 8753 Posts
Dear, For your kind information, Tirunelveli city is already under Housing and Urban Development Authority. One more thing, please don't compare our Tirunelveli and Chennai. Chennai is a metropolitan area and they are already under CMDA. But nowadays most of the Municipal Corporations form their own Development Authority for their cities. Governments also recognize it (Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Trichy, Hosur depending on sq km population) we are lagging behind in developing the present city and creating employment. .Our current population has not even touched 10 lakhs. Even city buses do not ply from the new bus stand to outlying areas like Suthamalli, KTC, Nagar, Gangaikondan. First, the areas up to the existing city limits should be upgraded. Then, we can discuss expanding the city limits.
if new urban planning area is formed , it will comes under the tamilnadu housing and urban development department. This department should do all the infrastructure works of the city. For example in Chennai, many infrastructure works are carried out by them.

The new urban area will also includes some outskirts and villages nearby city. So the infrastructure will de developed.
I will be very happy if it happens as you say😊😊
if new urban planning area is formed , it will comes under the tamilnadu housing and urban development department. This department should do all the infrastructure works of the city. For example in Chennai, many infrastructure works are carried out by them.

The new urban area will also includes some outskirts and villages nearby city. So the infrastructure will de developed.
Reactions: yaser loves nellai
I am not comparing Tirunelveli with Chennai. That will be injustice. I am saying that it could develop more infrastructure in the city limits.
I think we are talking about 2 different things. Bus route is not related to housing and urban development
Dear, For your kind information, Tirunelveli city is already under Housing and Urban Development Authority. One more thing, please don't compare our Tirunelveli and Chennai. Chennai is a metropolitan area and they are already under CMDA. But nowadays most of the Municipal Corporations form their own Development Authority for their cities. Governments also recognize it (Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Trichy, Hosur depending on sq km population) we are lagging behind in developing the present city and creating employment. .Our current population has not even touched 10 lakhs. Even city buses do not ply from the new bus stand to outlying areas like Suthamalli, KTC, Nagar, Gangaikondan. First, the areas up to the existing city limits should be upgraded. Then, we can discuss expanding the city limits.
No your understanding is wrong. Bus service plays an important role in urban development. No one is willing to build houses in an outlying area without bus service, and companies expect better transit service and road connectivity.How do you develop a city without quality roads and transport facilities.This is where our city lags behind.
I am not comparing Tirunelveli with Chennai. That will be injustice. I am saying that it could develop more infrastructure in the city limits.
I think we are talking about 2 different things. Bus route is not related to housing and urban development
I understood but I am trying to say that bus route is not the responsibility of housing and urban development. It is the responsibility of Tirunelveli transport corporation.
So both are different things
No your understanding is wrong. Bus service plays an important role in urban development. No one is willing to build houses in an outlying area without bus service, and companies expect better transit service and road connectivity.How do you develop a city without quality roads and transport facilities.This is where our city lags behind.
in 2011 census nellai population density 474000/108sqkm is 4388,madurai 1000000/50 is 20000 ,how can we justify for expansion ,as a thumb rule minimum 10000people/sqkm is the norm for urban category, there is no justification for nellai expansion.
People here in Tirunelveli don't want to live in congestion..Most of us want to live peacefully..

There is vast difference between the peoples who are living in Melapalayam,Market,Junction and town( same compound wall for two houses, No gap between two adjacent houses)

But the people who are living in Perumalpuram, KTC, nagar NGO Colony, Maharajanagar etc..are separate houses..There is vast gap between two houses)

why Tirunelveli is less congested?.

.Answer is large number of schools and colleges within corporation limit( Especially Palayamkottai)..No other cities has these type of institutions within corporation limit...so Tirunelveli people buying new lands and building new houses out of corporation limit( Example areas like Tuckerammalpuram, Reddiarpatti ,itteri, keelanatham and so many places)..

so we need.to expand the limits..I am sure after Western ring road, we will see rapid Urbanization outside corporation limit..
in 2011 census nellai population density 474000/108sqkm is 4388,madurai 1000000/50 is 20000 ,how can we justify for expansion ,as a thumb rule minimum 10000people/sqkm is the norm for urban category, there is no justification for nellai expansion.
Reactions: yaser loves nellai
Yes, Corporation limit should be expanded and at the meantime basic amenities should also be created / revamped in order to live in some places around the city.

Also, I'd like to have some better transit system in our glorious city which will obviously give better feel to it.

Apart from the Thachanallur ROB & Thamirabharani River Bridge, No new bridges have been built after 2008-09. The one in Anbunagar is not at all finished. But our city needs more flyovers and better roads to decongest the traffic.

Leave Chennai, Covai or Madurai. But, If you look at Trichy / Salem / Tirupur, you can find at least better infra than us.
Many industries also available in those regions which will obviously make people to gather at a single roof, whereas we Tirunelveli people still look for Jobs in Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai or Gulf regions.

Particularly in Melapalayam Zone and Pettai, still Beedi Manufacturing is the main source of income for many families. Many people have been affected by TB because of that, but no government has taken steps to change the lifestyle. This is an example, but still there are many areas in the City which are dumped.

This is the reason why our people are moving out for income, and we can't blame them for it.

Definitely we lack many things, which are the main reasons for the under growth despite having the potential.
People here in Tirunelveli don't want to live in congestion..Most of us want to live peacefully..

There is vast difference between the peoples who are living in Melapalayam,Market,Junction and town( same compound wall for two houses, No gap between two adjacent houses)

But the people who are living in Perumalpuram, KTC, nagar NGO Colony, Maharajanagar etc..are separate houses..There is vast gap between two houses)

why Tirunelveli is less congested?.

.Answer is large number of schools and colleges within corporation limit( Especially Palayamkottai)..No other cities has these type of institutions within corporation limit...so Tirunelveli people buying new lands and building new houses out of corporation limit( Example areas like Tuckerammalpuram, Reddiarpatti ,itteri, keelanatham and so many places)..

so we need.to expand the limits..I am sure after Western ring road, we will see rapid Urbanization outside corporation limit..
நெல்லை சந்திப்பு பஸ் நிலையத்தில் மணல் அகற்றும் பணி முடிந்தது

Corporation has planned to open a part of the Junction Bus Stand, on or before Pongal - 2023. Rest of the works will go in flow, as planned.

Courtesy: Daily Thanthi
பொருநை அருங்காட்சியகம் அமைக்கப்படும்

Speaker Appavu has requested Minister Thangam Thennarasu, to bring back the items which were taken by the German Archaelogist long back from Thamirabharani riverside, and also urged the completion of "Porunai Museum" in Tirunelveli Bypass (Reddiarpatti)
nellai will definitely grow with it's own characteristics, we can see it's growth in near future, i see one of the major draw backs is delay in govt. infra projects, that stops the nellai's growth in short time.....hopes
Yes, Corporation limit should be expanded and at the meantime basic amenities should also be created / revamped in order to live in some places around the city.

Also, I'd like to have some better transit system in our glorious city which will obviously give better feel to it.

Apart from the Thachanallur ROB & Thamirabharani River Bridge, No new bridges have been built after 2008-09. The one in Anbunagar is not at all finished. But our city needs more flyovers and better roads to decongest the traffic.

Leave Chennai, Covai or Madurai. But, If you look at Trichy / Salem / Tirupur, you can find at least better infra than us.
Many industries also available in those regions which will obviously make people to gather at a single roof, whereas we Tirunelveli people still look for Jobs in Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai or Gulf regions.

Particularly in Melapalayam Zone and Pettai, still Beedi Manufacturing is the main source of income for many families. Many people have been affected by TB because of that, but no government has taken steps to change the lifestyle. This is an example, but still there are many areas in the City which are dumped.

This is the reason why our people are moving out for income, and we can't blame them for it.

Definitely we lack many things, which are the main reasons for the under growth despite having the potential.
Exactly this is what I was trying to explain. We need better infrastructure. we lack infrastructure compared to other tier 2 or tier 3 cities.

Suzlon installed 3.2MW wind turbine in Sankaneri' Tirunelveli district..
TamilNadu Produces more wind Power than Sweden or Denmark..

Reactions: Siva nellai
Tirunelveli Medical Collegeis placed 20th rank in terms of largest hospital campuses all over the world with capacity of 2462 beds
And 3rd in tamilnadu 💪🏻
Tirunelveli Medical Collegeis placed 20th rank in terms of largest hospital campuses all over the world with capacity of 2462 beds
View attachment 4251459
Reactions: JOHNSON KENNADY

The pictures are the evidences that we should get urban development authority like trichy , salem, Madurai etc.

Infrastructure and industries are the main benefits. Nellai lacks them.
Don't worries Tirunelveli LPA Expansion work under going New Master plan may announce soon then you thought!!!!
View attachment 4253024
View attachment 4253026

The pictures are the evidences that we should get urban development authority like trichy , salem, Madurai etc.

Infrastructure and industries are the main benefits. Nellai lacks them.
8661 - 8680 of 8753 Posts