SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some research on a project I'm completing in my final year degree. I've been set a brief to rebrand the Paint Hall. It's currently being used as a film studio, but would you rather see it being used as something else?

My final outcomes for this project will be delivered in the form of a brand strategy, marketing & advertising material for the area and brand guidelines.

I'm inclined in keeping it a Film Studio as I feel this has more impact to the economy and gives the area a real 'buzz' when finally complete...(apparently theres talks of Avatar II being filmed in Belfast!) I can see it expanding into more potential and making the area a real hub for film and talent in general.

I've just started in my research and I want to know what you guys think of it being used as a film studio...has it any benefits for you, and if not what other potential could it be used for?

Looking forward in hearing your responses!

Roy

·
Registered
121 Posts
For me this is a no-brainer.

The Paint Hall is our own little bit of Hollywood in Belfast; and there's always hope that some of the Hollywood A-listers who drop in for shoots can be enticed into doing some PR work in Belfast, bringing further cultural enrichment to the city. It may also provide an entry point into the film industry for locals, and others throughout Ireland. If in addition to this it helps our economy, then there is no question that this is a resource that should be nurtured and developed. If it ain't broke...

I do hope your project is a purely hypothetical exercise.

·
COYS
1,739 Posts
I would also agree it should stay the same. The Paint Hall may be the start (fingers crossed) of a new more movie media orientated Belfast. There have already been several high profile shoots there (Im sure we all know what they were) and this will continue. There is lots of free land around the Paint Hall. Not sure how much TQ wants to develop for now - so perhaps some day the surrounding area would be designed into a small state of the art studio facility. Twould be nice :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'd keep it as a paint hall. Seats could be sold for receptive audiences who would be treated to the spectacle of large freshly painted sheets gradually drying. Front row spectators (the most expensive seats in the house) would get to reach out and touch the nearest of these surfaces.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I'd keep it as a paint hall. Seats could be sold for receptive audiences who would be treated to the spectacle of large freshly painted sheets gradually drying. Front row spectators (the most expensive seats in the house) would get to reach out and touch the nearest of these surfaces.
That's a good idea. I've a better one- continue it as a film studio.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some research on a project I'm completing in my final year degree. I've been set a brief to rebrand the Paint Hall. It's currently being used as a film studio, but would you rather see it being used as something else?

My final outcomes for this project will be delivered in the form of a brand strategy, marketing & advertising material for the area and brand guidelines.

I'm inclined in keeping it a Film Studio as I feel this has more impact to the economy and gives the area a real 'buzz' when finally complete...(apparently theres talks of Avatar II being filmed in Belfast!) I can see it expanding into more potential and making the area a real hub for film and talent in general.

I've just started in my research and I want to know what you guys think of it being used as a film studio...has it any benefits for you, and if not what other potential could it be used for?

Looking forward in hearing your responses!

Roy
Didn't see this thread at the time but I'm curious as to how you got on with this or if you want to share any of your work on this? :cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes - here is part of the outcome! :)

The Paint Hall in Belfast should have its own personal unique brand identity whereby potential clients can identify as it being a credible space to invest production in.

The Hall should have a recognisable name keeping in context of what it is, a film studio. Therefore I plan on bringing the elements of film into the branding, in which I’ll research other successful film studios within the UK and understand their strategy in branding an area like this.

The material that I produced reflects the creativity of films that will be shot within the hall. A website, brochure and new media ideas will all be utilised in establishing a successful brand and making the company original and unique to other competitors within this market.

The material that is sent to production companies will be held in a cardboard case, symbolising the element of 'relocating to Northern Ireland.'

The brochure would illustrate in a creative manor the benefits of setting up a production in Belfast - with close links to the countryside/unique locations, and direct links to London and New York it's a no hassle win.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Their filming Game of Thrones down there at present - the area has such a great opportunity to become a major high class filming hub ... The film industry in N.Ireland is booming at the moment with a number of dramas/films being produced at present... it's so great to see!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Loving the cladding on the new section. If this all takes of long term they could potentially open a visitor centre do you think?

·
COYS
1,739 Posts
Does this part of the scheme include the renovation of the existing paint hall building? Or is that another time? I also remembered the renders showing the embankment with boulders down to the water. It really neatened up the renders, so I hope they actually plan to do this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts