SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
zerocool
593 Posts
Just recently moved to San Francisco, CA for 6 months now. Been using Uber for almost daily basis. Great service, you get private cars sometimes even luxury brands like BMW, Mini, Acura, Lexus... etc to pick you up. You don't get that taxi funk smell and it is even cheaper.... at least in US. Most drivers are professionals and some full timers. One time I was driven by a restaurateur, once a finance guy and a few well to so Filipinos. They also provide like bottled water, gums and sweets along the way. If you have spotify you get to play your playlists on the car. :)

Game changer... Disruptive technology.... that's why the old farts at LTFRB or any dinosaurs left in any political system in any country can't seem to swallow it. :lol:

This will be battle of the fittest... those who don't adopt will become extinct.

·
Banned
17 Posts
I use Uber sometimes, excellent when traffic is bad. The LTFRB are stuck in the stone-age... they will be forced to adapt just like all the other countries uber operates in.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I tried UBER once as passenger, ok sya. Altho yung Uber-x pala is mas closer daw yung price sa regular taxi
Yea it is. Konti lang difference. What i really like about uber is you pay via credit card. So we now have an option to shy away from those greedy taxi drivers who often make lame excuses lalo na yung wala DAW barya panukli. It really gets into my nerves sometimes lalo pa pag maangas yung asta ng cab driver pero as a customer riding a cab (before), makikipag away pa ba ako sa cab drivers and ruin my day/mood over a few pesos change???

Kaya its really good na may uber na so taxis would get a stiff competition para tumino naman itong mga sugapa na taxi drivers na ito. About time for them to really learn their lesson by losing more and more of their customers! Lol! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, in the US, they can earn money in Uber. Not just as a driver pero parang costumer service. At home lang then using your smartphone. Hope there's the same opportunity here in the PH.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
My opinion only Medyo dangerous pa ren ang uber based on experiences from india and some countries in europe. Best pa ren ang grabtaxi and easytaxi.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I love Uber, availed of their service thrice already. New cars, the drivers are not in a hurry, you know where the car is coming from, you can track where the car is for example if you will not be a passenger and have someone taken home, it's great, I felt so high tech and living in the future when I tried it. Plus you're not riding a taxi so there is none of that negotiation or anything or "ikaw na bahala sakin" side comments. Way way better than a taxi.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use Uber nowadays. So far lahat ng nasakyan ko are in good condition and drivers are courteous. May isang driver pa nga na nagtanong sakin: "Sir, ok lang po ba magpatugtog? Thank you po." You can share your travel path to your Facebook account so your friends/family can track your whereabouts if you are feeling cautious. Wala din dito yung "Sir, additional 50 pesos po sa destination niyo ha". I feel safe using their service since may trauma na ako sumakay ng taxi. (Based on my horrible experience on a drugged driver)

1 - 20 of 299 Posts