Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a dual Israeli-EU citizenship and would like to make like Ibn Battuta visit some MENA countries sometime within the next 3-5 years. What are the highlights of your country? What is it that makes your country special to visit?

Me personally, I am more interested in the things that make a country unique from all the other countries- it's history (historical sites), it's food, it's music, it's art, it's culture, etc. I am less interested in things like skyscrapers (although for Dubai, perhaps an exception should be made ;) ) and shopping malls, since these are things that you can really find in any reasonably developed country.

Shukran! :)

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
People should visit Egypt because:

1. We are a melting pot of 5000 years of culture history and civilization
2. We ave the Pyramids, temples in Luxor and countless Pharonic artefacts
3. We have 7 UNESCO world heritage sites
4. We have one of the worlds best diving spots in the red sea. And un matched beaches, and a diverse and colourful underwater life
5.We have sunshine all year round
6. We have beautiful deserts with sand dunes.
7. We have beautiful oawsis'
8. Us Egyptians are very kind, welcoming and love to meet people of different cultures and we are a tourist loving nation.

Basicall Egypt meets travellers of all needs, just ike you said if ou more intersted in culture and history and wildlife, we got that. If your interested in luxury, shopping and partying by the beach, we got that :)

visit www.egypt.travel for more info ;)

Here are three super ads of Egypt, you might have seen them on CNN:

SO that my friends is why people should visit Egypt :)

·
30,170 Posts
People should visit Algeria for :

- Beautiful landscapes,

- Beautiful coast & beautiful beaches,

- The roman ruins,

- The desert of the sahara,

- The unique and majestic Hoggar tassili,

- The unique city of Constantine,

- Beautiful people

·
Registered
33 Posts
morocco is 14km from europe ( very close) 7 hours from north america 3 hours from mid east
morocco has plenty of historical monument from ( amazigh roman islamic moorish) eras
morocco has many cultural site classified by unesco as world heritage wich are
Médina de Fès
Médina de Marrakech
Ksar d'Aït-Ben-Haddou
Ville historique de Meknès
Médina de Tétouan (ancienne Titawin)
Site archéologique de Volubilis
Médina d’Essaouira (ancienne Mogador)
Ville portugaise de Mazagan (El Jadida)
morocco has the oldest university of the world alqarawyine in fez

morocco has the second rank in mediteranean countries ( after turkey) in biodiversity
in just one day u can pass from desert in ouarzazat to snowy mountain in oukaimden ( marrakesh) to manificient beach of agadir
morocc has very high standing touristic infrustructure
morocco has 2500 km atlantic coastline
morocco has 500km mediteranean coast line
morocco has plenty of beautifull beaches
some areas ( agadir and the south ) have sun 300 day per year
morocco has plenty of moutain and plaine forests ( the greatst in arab world except soudan and somolia)
morocco has a lot of snowy moutains ( at least two skii station wich work at least 4 monts) some mount can have snow the hole year ( in taza province)
morocco has immense desert with sand

for pic u can go here http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=717
"qui dit mieu" so what r u wating for to vist morocco

·
Registered
3 Posts
"I am more interested in the things that make a country unique from all the other countries"
1-saudi arabia does not allow alcohol consumption
2-adultery is a crime
3-the only country in the world that put a sign on it embassy saying "drug trafficking is punishable by death" (to give a good first impression)
4-women can't drive cars

saudi arabia is by far the most unique country in the world, that said and I put my voice with Riyadhi "People should NOT visit Saudi Arabia"

·
Banned
1,147 Posts
People should visit Iran because:

1. Incredible hospitable people
2. A rich history and thousands of ancients sites, ruins, and museums.
3. Nature; Iran is a 4 season country. From Northern rain forests, Eastern deserts, westerns chain mountain to southern sea ports, Iran is what tourists want to explore.
4. Iran is affordable
5. By visiting Iran's capital, Tehran, you've seen the largest city in the Middle East. Also you'll explore the tallest concrete tower in the Middle East, 2nd in Asia and 4th in the world, Milad Tower!
6. Many Iranians are good English speakers.

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
you should visit lebanon because it is the only country where u can go from swimming in the beach to skiing in the mountains in less than an hour !!!!!
we have political and social freedom !!!!!
we have the best nightlife in the middle east !!!!!
we have an amazing street life and vibrant cultural atmosphere !!!!
cuz lebanon is monaco, alps, paris, athens, marbella, milan, tuscany all put together in a blender.......but still different from all other countries !!!!!!
cuz lebanon is simply lebanon !!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Ryl_73UjE

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
you should visit lebanon because it is the only country where u can go from swimming in the beach to skiing in the mountains in less than an hour !!!!!
No, it's not the ONLY country where you can do that. You can do the same in Turkey. Funny, most Turks also think that you can ONLY do that in Turkey :D I'm sure there are other countries where you can do that.

·
Banned
186 Posts

You can also do that in Morocco, Turkey and probably other MENA countries :tongue2:

·
Banned
186 Posts
FOR MOROCCO:

- Moroccan Cuisine is ranked as the best in MENA (3d in Euromed region)

- Morocco is classified 2nd biodiversity hotspot in the Mediterranean (Cedar forest, Sahara desert, windy Atlantic beaches, Mediterranean creeks, Snowy Atlas mountains, Desert canyons, Tropical landscapes....etc)

- Moroccan culture is unique, rich and progressive (Morocco is the only arab country that wasn't under Turkish influence). It's one of the most exotic in the world.

- Moroccan Hospitality: Whether very poor or incredibly rich, Moroccans all share a truly exceptional sense of hospitality

1 - 20 of 32 Posts