Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And why?

The reason I am asking non-Arabs in particular is because I want to see which Arab countries they would find most enticing to visit. Here are the Arab countries I wish to visit:

1) Oman--- it seems like they have a lot of beautiful, historical buildings over there and some amazing natural scenery

2) Morocco--- it seems like a beautiful country (and I love Moroccan architecture) and the food is pretty amazing too :-D

3) Lebanon --- I would love to see the scenery (mountains, Jeitta Grotto), some of the famous sites like Baalbeck, the Christian villages/churches in the mountains; Lebanese food is the best and the girls are probably the most beautiful in all of MENA (but we all knew that already ;-) )

4) Kurdistan --- I am very much interested in Kurdish culture and history. (It's not a country, but I'll toss it onto the list anyway ;) ).

5) Saudi Arabia--- I would like to see الربع الخالي, Jeddah and just to learn more about the country and the people and also to learn about Islam (although I don't have any desire of converting; it's just more for general curiosity and so that I can try to better understand Arab culture)

6) Bahrain--- That article about Saudis visiting Bahrain piqued my interest.

7) UAE--- It's a country of superlatives and I would like to see it first-hand.

8) Yemen--- I would like to see some of the old buildings in Sa'anaa and some of the more remote villages/towns and also to visited Scotara (sic) islands. Plus, Teymani food is very yummmy. :p

9) Tunisia--- I'd like to see Djerba, Carthage and Sphax (with a name like "Sphax", how bad could it be? ;-)

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and what about egypt
I would like to visit Egypt, but somehow I feel like I would be disappointed by Cairo and Giza. Although, I would very much like to visit the Egyptian national museum and some of the 'authentic' old neighborhoods in Cairo.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
I'd love to visit Lebanon, for its sheer beauty and lovely lifestyle and cuture.

Then Dubai, because of all the projects, and wild wadi and stuff :)

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts

·
21,422 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But it's not a country (not even in the sense of the P.A), it's an Iraqi region ;)

Anyways, from the list; Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Lebanon for me :)

Maybe also add Jordon
True...it's a region, not a country. I probably should have wrote "Which country/region would you like to visit" ;)

·
21,422 Posts
^^

More important you missed out on a couple of real countries,

who wouldn't want to visit this place:

for example :)

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^

More important you missed out on a couple of real countries,

who wouldn't want to visit this place:

for example :)
I've been to Jordan/Petra already, so that's why I didn't include it. But I really loved Petra and Wadi Rum--- such a beautiful and impressive place.

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Even though it's not really a Middle Eastern country, I think I'd like to go back to Turkey as well (I've only seen Istanbul/Sultanahmet). I definitely need to see Ephesus and some of the other sites that Turkey has to offer. But I think I am going to hold off on visiting for the time being.

·
Emirian Lady
992 Posts
Morocco and Tunisia would be good recommendations.

i have been to GCC, Egypt, Jordan (all once), but i visit Lebanon regularly.

·
Banned
338 Posts
I would like to go to Lebanon,Egypt and the UAE.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts