45,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
45,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
79 Posts
Am I seeing this right, that one whole half of a shotengai has been erased for this tower?

·
45,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There will be a new row of shops and even a pachinko place replacing the former shops along the shotengai.

·
Registered
79 Posts
それはよかった笑

Somehow I'm particularly triggered by Tokyo losing its fine-grained form for monolithic single use buildings, so that is certainly good to hear.

·
45,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Specifically this location on the old reclaimed islands in the Tokyo Bay it's safety which is becoming more and more an even bigger issue then in other parts of the city.

This of course goes against the historical character of the neighborhood, surprisingly it was not destroyed during the war. It's the big difference between Tokyo and historical western cities were this would be preserved.

·
City Development Shitlord
1,597 Posts
^^I don't think so. There's nothing worthy of preservation, as most buildings are post-war, and countless other places are exactly like it in Tokyo.

The area was historically industrial, and with redevelopment of former factories and warehouses into residential complexes, it's expected redevelopment would crystallize and the neighborhood would follow suit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts