SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
47,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TOKYO 東京 | Shinjuku Toho Building 新宿東宝ビル | 130m | U/C

old render

On the site of the famous Shinjuku Koma Theater a new complex will be developed by Toho Cinema. It will include a huge cinema complex with 12 screens and a hotel tower. The Toho Shinjuku Washington Hotel will be a 31 floor, 130m high tower. The complex will be completed in 2015.

stats:
height: 130,25m
floors: 30
function: cinema, hotel
start: July 2012
complete: March 2015

http://goo.gl/maps/u77E

Construction notice:

·
47,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
自由至上主義&#
1,286 Posts
Sweet!

It's on its way to become a new landmark for Shinjuku. It'll change the face of kabukicho much more than I thought.

·
Speed Metal God
2,364 Posts
It's hard to judje this building from the render. It might look, and it might look bad as well. When it's complete, we can give the final verdict on this tower. I hope it will be positive.

·
47,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
47,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can tell you that there's a lot more concrete and steel in the ground now then there was in September.

The site reminds me of the Abeno Harukas, there we also saw the equipment move around the site and see the ramps change to different gates around the site.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I can't wait for this one to finish! I know it's a few years away but I hope this will help change the area. About seven or eight years ago, the touts in Kabukicho where mainly japanese and didn't hassle you that much, you actually coul have a good time! Now, it's full of foreign touts who never leave you alone and don't take no for an answer, and you don't want to get on the wrong side of these people! I end up avoiding them like playing a game of real life pacman. Projects like this bring new life into the area, I remember when the government said the police was going to clean up the area for the Olympics but Tokyo didn't get the Olympics. So are they still gunna try for the 2020 bid? Also, when this building is complete, it will have one hell of a view of the Shinjuku skyscraper district!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts