Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
48,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TOKYO 東京 | Roppongi 3-chome East District Redevelopment 六本木三丁目東地区再開発 | 230m & 109m | U/C

TOKYO 東京 | Roppongi 3-chome East District Redevelopment 六本木三丁目東地区再開発 | 241m & 120m | Demo

render

website
http://office.sumitomo-rd.co.jp/63/index.html

previous renders

The new tower will replace a couple of older buildings, the tallest is the Japan IBM Head Office Building (87.4m, 1991) and also the Roppongi Prince Hotel that closed in 2006 and was sold to Sumitomo Real Estate. It's the block of land next to the Izumi Garden Tower and behind the Samsung tower.

The tower will become the new headquarters of TV Tokyo.

http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/INET/OSHIRASE/2012/03/20m3m200.htm

stats:
office tower:
height: 230.06m
floors: 40
function: office
start: June 2013
complete: May 2016

residential tower:
height: 109.06m
floors: 27
function: residential
start: June 2013
complete: May 2016

http://goo.gl/maps/UNP6

·
Speed Metal God
2,402 Posts
I think it's almost impossible to start the actual construction next month. Maybe it will take a little more so the project will go ahead as planned. I still hope it will start before 2013 anyway.

·
48,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also don't think they will be start next month, demolitions are prone to delays since unexpected things can happen. Unless they will have some sort of ceremonial start somewhere on the site that's already clear.

·
48,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be fair, it's a bit unclear how high the residential tower will be. The 120m might be old info and it's also a bit tall for 27 floors. But the angle of the render is also difficult, it seems that it makes the main tower a lot taller, or the residential much smaller then it will be in reality. The moment I will see more info on the actual height of the building I will post it here.

btw, welcome on the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks momo. Actually I have followed japan thread for a long long time.This is my first reply.This year ,august I have gone to tokyo to see some project and took some picture.I try to publish but I abandon because my poor english and I don't know how to upload picture!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Thanks momo. Actually I have followed japan thread for a long long time.This is my first reply.This year ,august I have gone to tokyo to see some project and took some picture.I try to publish but I abandon because my poor english and I don't know how to upload picture!
Upload your picture to a free hosting site such as Imgur or Flickr. There are many similar sites. Once you have uploaded your picture simply copy the URL from the direct link to the picture. When you post your reply here, paste the link between the following code:

So it should look something like:

http://imagehostingsite/blahblah.jpg[/img ]

(without the space at the end)

It's as simple as that :)

Oh, I really like this building, nice design and height. Hope it goes up soon!

·
48,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ Could you resize the pictures next time, not everyone has a super-sized monitor, especially in this age of smart phones and tablets.

And there's still enough to demolish, the old foundations of several of the buildings and there are still enough buildings that haven't even been touched.

I tried to draw in the footprint of the tower in the image, it's approximate just to give an idea of the size. As you can see it will fit in the area that has been demolished.

The tower is in red, the blue circles are the buildings that still have to be demolished.

source image: http://urbanreallife.blog52.fc2.com/

·
Speed Metal God
2,402 Posts
Thx Momo!
Skanny, frankly speaking, you're really a pain in the ass. You never understand and you never learn. I don't know what brought you to this forum.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hey Skanny.
What are you looking for exactly? Recognition?

If you're aiming at recognition by re-posting pictures from the blogs, you will fail. Because you're not the one who started it, who organised the whole subforum, and especially, because you're not even doing it as good as Momo.

Moreover, you might be making him the task harder, because then he would have to check what project you re-posted and what project you haven't re-posted. So just let Momo do it. Watch silently, enjoy, and be thankful to him.

Think twice about what you would want to have on this forum. I want to have complete, concrete, precise informations, that's all. And I'm up for some discussion too if it might lead to an interesting reflection, and reconsider my point of view.

You're not alone on this forum. There's many, many followers that only watch and never write anything, and you have to think about them more.Try to think less egoistically, and more as we as a community. Think about what you could bring to the community.

And what you could bring for now is probably... to shut up and watch.

Cheers

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow, that's a bit harsh guys, give the guy a break! At least Skanny shows an interest and wants to be an active member of this forum,which we all have the right to be! If it bothers you so much what Skanny is posting, then perhaps suggest he puts it through momo first and let momo decide if it should be posted or not.

·
2,592 Posts
^^
+1

I'm one of those followers who rarely writes something and most of the time I'm just enjoying the updates. So far I haven't found any bad intention in Skanny's post nor they have bothered me. Actually, I find pleasant that there is more people who have interest in Japanese developments and want to collaborate with the forum.

·
Speed Metal God
2,402 Posts
We all know about these updates and where to find them. Then the forum will eventually look like a mess if everyone keeps posting from here and there separately. It's a bit disturbing to see his updates popping up and they are mostly without any additionnal informations (like Momo does usually). So, if we want a more organized forum let's leave that to Momo.
Skanny apparently can't read Japanese and he is still a newbie on the forums. He don't know how things work here yet, and plainly doesn't want to learn as well. And often his questions look so idiotic (sometimes I wonder if he is mentally challenged).

·
48,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wouldn't go that far, I would just say that he or she is unresponsive. That's the main reason why I stopped answering what's that building questions, not even a simple thank you.

In the end of the day everyone is allowed to contribute here. But I can also understand that people don't want to see someone that has to ask which project they see on a picture starts posting pictures that were going to be posted anyway.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts