Skyscraper City Forum banner
81 - 100 of 165 Posts

·
48,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was on twitter and found some construction photos for the Musashino Forest Sports Center which is located right next to Ajinomoto Stadium. It'll host badminton and fencing during the modern pentathlon. It appears that the rest of the modern pentathlon will take place in the stadium, but unless there is a pool there already that I'm not aware of I assume that the swimming portion will take place on the building rendered on the far left.

EDIT: I found a render on the interior and blueprints that have been around for a little bit.

·
48,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

·
Photographer
14 Posts
Great to see such a good collection of info here on the overall plans. I note the lack of place for the Olympic Flame at the main stadium recently was resolved?

Also, the Aquatic Center in elevation view looks remarkably like the Aquatic Center built for the 1956 Games.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think that Tokyo 2020 can be fantastic Olympic Games. In 1964 was great!
I hope that in 2024 Rome can hosts the Olympics, and can be great, like in 1960: http://rerumromanarum.blogspot.it/2016/08/olimpiadi-di-roma-1960.html

And like in 60s Rome and Tokyo has hosted Olympics one after the other, maybe it can happen in the 20s of XXI Century too...

·
Té con pastas member
19,167 Posts
81 - 100 of 165 Posts