SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
46,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TOKYO 東京 | Tokiwabashi District Redevelopment Project 常盤橋街区再開発プロジェクト | 210m 390m | Pro

tower C

tower A

press releases Japanese:
http://www.mec.co.jp/j/news/archives/mec150831_tb_390.pdf
http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/singi/tiiki/kokusentoc/tokyoken/tokyotoshisaisei/dai6/shiryou1.pdf

press release English:
http://www.mec.co.jp/e/news/pdf/mec150831_tk_390m_e.pdf

information:

Building A
height: 212m
floors: 38
use: Office
start: January 2018
complete: April 2021

Building B
height: 390m
floors: 61
use: Office
start: 2023
complete: 2027

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Ja...2!3m1!1s0x60188bfee20f4c87:0x29d38637a0758c94

Plaza

·
46,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I really hope they bring the date forward for the super tall. The property market won't be doing so well after 2020 IMO, even in Tokyo the population will finally start to fall. By then the country will have several million less people and economic growth will probably be even lower. It would be safer to start construction in 2019 a year before the Olympics.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i think...All skyscrapers in Tokyo is glassbox design. It's look modern for skyview.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i think...All skyscrapers in Tokyo is glassbox design. It's look modern for skyview.
I totally agree with you. But I think that Tokyo need a different design concept for it's skyscrapers. I have some good examples for you that Japanese skylines can be really futuristic:

Shiodome City Center
Dentsu Headquarters
Roppongi Hills
Toranomon Hills

·
City Development Shitlord
1,626 Posts
Nice design. I only hope the proposed design will not be changed to a glassy boxy design.
Please don't jinx it. At least it's Mitsubishi, who I believe doesn't change the architecture and height like Mitsui (*cough* *cough* Shin Tokyo Takeda Building) and Sumitomo (Roppongi 3-chome East District Redevelopment, which actually changed for the better).

I'm surprised the renderings were released so early.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Total floor area - 490,000 m2

And quite a bit of girth. It isn't just the renderings that make it look fat. By comparison, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower at 60 stories (incl. 6 below ground) has 379,408 m2. This supertall's floors are bigger than Roppongi Hills.

·
46,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From the render I would say the tower will have a footprint of around 100m x 100m, the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower = about 90m x 90m. This means that the new tower will have floors that are 20% bigger then Roppongi Hills. Which is also rounded off the difference in total floor area + the difference in floor numbers.

As for the floor heights, they are indeed large. But from the renders it's clear that the office floors won't be to different from other new offices in the area. It's the other floors in the between the offices (highlighted by hamasaki's Observatory!? post) And especially the top which adds about 40m to the total without any floors.

But, I'm 100% certain that it won't be constructed like this, there will be changes to the design. I don't have to jinx anything as it will happen anyway.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I wouldn't have expected something like this so I'll stay skeptically for now. way too many years till construction at least for the higher tower. the design looks okay. not a box that's certain but not exactly something great. a bit fat at least in the renders. the height is great but I'm also a bit skeptical about how it'll look from the garden of the palace. an interesting project though. the second tower looks very good to me.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I have been thinking about Tokyo developing a supertall building for some time now, especially after Osaka opened the Abeno Harukas tower last year, but it looks unlikely as it would prove difficult to find a site where such a tower wouldn't end up on the flight path of Haneda Airport.

Other possible locations for a supertall building in Tokyo include a site east of the Roppongi Hills Complex, or maybe at the west entrance of Shinjuku Station, replacing all the existing department stores there.

Besides, any reasons for the selection of Otemachi as the place to develop a supertall building?

Reactions: Zaz965

·
City Development Shitlord
1,626 Posts
But, I'm 100% certain that it won't be constructed like this, there will be changes to the design. I don't have to jinx anything as it will happen anyway.
Of course some adjustments will be made, but we're only pleading the crown isn't flattened and corners don't get squared off (i.e. turned into a box).

1 - 20 of 184 Posts