·
Registered Abuser
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

TOKYO 2020

The masterplan

-------------------------------------------------------------------
It's official.

The 2020 Summer Olympics will be staged in Tokyo, Japan.

May the discussion about progress begin.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
BOOM! Tokyo! And my son will be old enough to make the trip fun.

·
IT and Urban Enthusiast
1,116 Posts
TOKYO 2020 Concept

Tokyo proposes to hold the 2020 Olympic Games from Friday 24 July to Sunday 9 August with dates selected for climatic reasons, coinciding with the holiday period, thus maximizing spectator attendance and traffic reduction.

A compact Games concept is proposed with all venues (except football preliminaries) located in Tokyo. The majority of venues would be located in the heart of the city with the Olympic Village at the intersection of two Games zones:

The Heritage Zone embodies the legacies of the 1964 Olympic Games and would include the Olympic Stadium and IOC hotels.

The Tokyo Bay Zone is to be developed as an area respecting water, green living and biodiversity. It would also include the IBC/MPC and main media accommodation.

With one of the most modern and efficient public transport systems in the world, the majority of client groups would enjoy short travel times. The concept lends itself to the possibility for Tokyo to create a city-centre Olympic celebration.

·
the World Trade Center
23,634 Posts
The main stadium:

That design :drool::drool:

+

Hopefully the 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be spectacular :) + By then (y. 2020) i'll be old enough to go to to TYO on my own ;) (unless i come there with my friends too :))

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
First indoor olympic statium?

·
Registered Abuser
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
IT and Urban Enthusiast
1,116 Posts
The main stadium:

Construction of the new stadium will be taking place in late 2015, soon after the old stadium is demolished according to JDP.

It will be able to seat 80,000 and will first be playing host to the 2019 Rugby World Cup, showcasing a few of its futuristic features in the process. This stadium will be one of three structures revived from their original state, each of them built originally for the 1964 Summer Games.

http://www.slashgear.com/tokyo-2020-olympics-stadium-one-of-several-retro-fitted-arenas-09297073/

1 - 20 of 633 Posts