·
I'm a Genesis member
425 Posts
OH MY...........

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
Fantastic shots, thanks for sharing.

But I honestly dislike Tokyo, it's one fugly city. There are hardly any peaceful, attractive places or admirable (old) buildings. It's just a mere collection of shoebox-buildings, with some nice eyecatchers plug in. The night life isn't bad, but it doesn't really stand out either - not if you're used to European cities.

I'd never life there, but it's somehow a crazy and interesting place to visit from time to time.

·
Neon overdose
3,996 Posts
I think is the best place on Earth.. for some things. The pics are amazing, specially the one with the taxi in the middle.

·
langhe
3,316 Posts
Tokyo is a urban Poetry

·
Registered
241 Posts
Highly artistic, what can I say! But the bad side of such photography is that it erases the human side of cities, the realness and uniqueness of them! You could shoot almost any city and make it look cool, but what really traps the essence is a random shot, taken at any given time!

Nevertheless, great shots!

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
What exactly is so sexy 'bout density?

·
Seeking Affiliation
1,217 Posts
@ erbsenzaehler

What exactly is so sexy 'bout density?
^^ Well, for one, it makes the landscape more dynamic/ecclectic in urban-setting sort-of-way.

Another, is its tendency to pack more things into any given land space. Which gives rise to an increased probability to have every type of business establishment to be located, relatively, close to one another. This, eventually, makes for a good walking environment. A city which has busy and lively pedestrian traffic is, IMO, more "character" than sparsely those built ones.

BTW, have you been to Tokyo? If you haven't, then you, clearly, have to visit it because there are a lot of charming neighborhoods within that one big piece of urban landscape. Not all of Tokyo is a "concrete-jungle", you know.

·
jicky jicky jicky
706 Posts
Superb pics! Really would like to visit this city again :)

21 - 40 of 1867 Posts