• Tokyo

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Osaka

Votes: 8 25.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Osaka hvae more unique characteristic about the city then Tokyo~!

·
Banned
1 Posts
白人を崇拝しその白人から一番嫌われている関東人は日本一の糞田舎者。関東人は頭がいいわけでも容姿がいいわけでもない。ただ他人をパクっているだけの知的障害者。整形しまくり日本をパクる韓国人そのものだ。

·
Neon overdose
3,993 Posts
By the city, Tokyo (best in the world!!).. by the people, Osaka (Honma?)

·
Gosford/Sydney.
1,642 Posts
For location.Obvioulsy I like Osaka.The center of Japan.Kyoto 30 mins away.Nara about the same.Both achient capitals.Kobe 20mins to the south.West Japan(Hiroshima,Kyushu etc...) in one direction and East/Central Japan(Nagoya,Nagano,Tokyo...ect) in the other.For us down here in Osaka,Only the Tohoku and Hokkaido regions seem to be distant and removed from our percections on what is near and close.

For the urban expericence.Osaka has the same urban craziness as Tokyo,just as intense but in two cites only,Umeda and Namba.Umeda isnt as a big as most of the areas of Tokyo.Namba is huge.Bigger than Shibuya but a little smaller than Shinjiku.Both cities come out as equals as an urban exprience if you are in the right area.Tokyo is never ending while Osaka is concentrated in some areas.Tokyo would easily be the winner here.It has about 8 cities that would compare to Osaka's two.

For size.Tokyo wins hands down.32 million against about 14 million.No comparison.

For the people.Osaka for sure.Friendly and very chatty.They love to have you around to their house to eat and get drunk.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I like Osaka a bit more than Tokyo, although I would not hesitate at the opportunity to live in Tokyo at all. I like both far more than London. :D

·
not a cat
277 Posts
I' ve lived in Tokyo and Osaka Area (Kobe) both. Hard choice but I voted for Osaka this time.
Osaka Area offers little more diversity to me (with Kobe, Kyoto, Nara and surrouding mountains) than Tokyo although Tokyo is much bigger and trendier.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I usually vote the underdog, so I'll vote Osaka, for many of the same reasons mentioned earlier...friendlier, but gritty and with an amazing urban experience. I went into a bad neighborhood once in Osaka--and it was the ONLY time in Japan I ever felt like it was dangerous (Sorry, I don't remember where it was). But Osaka was also the only city I camped in. On one visit, I missed my train to Koya-san, so I went to Amerikkka-mura and hung out, finally grabbing some cardboard and catching some winks on a side street. What a great night that was...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts