SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am slightly perplexed at where that water came from. The only water in the area is a canal covered by a highway - and I can't see a highway anywhere in those renders.

I would love for Tokyo to utilize its rivers and canals more for ferry transport.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In the second rendering you can see a bulding with a curved facade in the background. That's the Bank Of America bulding right next to Nihombashi metro station.
This puts the location of the new building right next to Ichikoku Bridge, opposite to the 212m Tokiwabashi Tower (estimated to be completed this year). And over that bridge, there actually is a freeway which is apparently just left out of those rendering.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The building will replace the red-shaded ones in the last picture above. The reason why you don't see the expressway in the rendering is that it will be moved underground between now and 2035. Yesterday they closed down a few entrances of the expressway, so it looks like the project has kicked off. They also plan to create a sort of NYC-like high line that will pass through Ginza.

Some renderings of the future area taken from other nearby projects

An old but good picture of the area. The underground works are also meant to remove the expressway section that runs above the Nihonbashi bridge. This will allow for other redevelopments that are still in the making

1 - 5 of 5 Posts