SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A pic of the centre of Toowoombas CBD

The following picture is taken from the grand central carpark. You can see the Empire Theatre on the right.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Copying off The Townsville Photos thread ehhh :D, Its alright Great Pictures though.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Did you take those pics?

The first one has EXCESSIVE quality. Give me the camera. NOW.

lol nice pics.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i took the pictures, still a novice thou. The were both taken with canon powershot a85. Both with simply taken with auto settings. I went downtown the other day and took about 200 photos of around the CBD. Yeah thought the Townsville idea was cool, would have been all original about it but takes creativity .... something i lack.

·
i've changed my mind
3,849 Posts
there was a proposal to update the bell street mall recently... resurfacing and water features as i recall.... in my opinion, turning bell street into a pedestrian mall is one of the worst decisions the toowoomba city council ever made... the reasons at the time was because it had so much car and pedestrian traffic, however, this mall has really been the kiss of death to businesses that once thrived there... hopefully when they do decide to update it it will bring a bit if life back.

It would be a great area to focus the construction of multilevel buildings for local business headquarters.

Heritage being the main one that already exists there, but other businesses that could have a presence include -
- K&R darling downs
- McCaferties
- Weis dairy products
- Dairy Farmers
- Wagners

one can dream :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Near the front of the heritage plaza they have started with the water features. An completed a little resurfacing.

Danubis have you ever been along side the heritage plaza... it almost goes from one end of the mall to the other... huge in length

·
i've changed my mind
3,849 Posts
ya its quite impressive... i guess the fact that centrelink has left is a blessing in disguise... even tho its left the mall quite empty for the past few years, at least it starting to stop being a haunt for the perpetually unemployed and doll blugers... a few years ago when centrelink was in still in the condamine centre, the whole mall was filled with these derro's... most have gone elsewhere now, clearing the way for a future possible use for the mall :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could not have said it better myself. At least half of the derros have left the mall ... when i was taking the pictures the other day i did notice a couple of stragglers arround.

I get a few more pics tomorrow,.... got to go downtown for some business

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The base of the south side of the condamine centre.... empty .... where centrelink once was until they built themselves a big shiny new building

·
Registered
304 Posts
Damn I better get my arse into gear and post my Toowoomba pics...

The centre intersection of Margaret and Ruthven Streets looks so much nicer now, quite a bit of 'renovating' has gone on in the last few years...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the margret / ruthven intersection was quite bad but now the whole of the city centre has a new refreshed look about it

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Check this picture out danubis... looks like the condamine centre is about 15m taller than heritage plaza.

Heritage Plaza ...
Foyer ---- 0 to 10m (Huge has a big mural on the wall)
2 to 10 ( 10 to 40m)
Roof Feature and Signage(40 to 45.2m)

Condamine centre (Northern aspect .... Southern Aspect is shorter)
1 to 11 43m
Plant Room 46m

1 - 20 of 51 Posts