SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Keep on building!
1,392 Posts
^^What's there to hate? They are two good-looking towers in a prime location, which also help to obscure views of the power station. Would be nice if there were a whole wall of them to completely hide the power station. By the way, you gotta love that ramp that leads right into the complex and the footbridge that crosses to the Beach and the Walk. Man, I'm jealous!

·
Super Moderator
10,925 Posts
I just hate this generic Emaar design! They didn't even try with these 2 ... concerning the ramp I highly doubt it will be done this way. Since the plot that is opposite to it won't be empty forever. Lookin at the bright side, indeed they will cover the industrial area from neighboring towers lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like them, not flash design but look like peers to Al Bateens tower and that is nice. The building also have pole position for sunset and unobstructed open sea view. That is huge plus specially for people visiting and not used to everyday sunshine like Dubai.

If that revamp of DEWA surrounding as the picture is true then I'm might invest in this project to live. Big plus with quick exit to SZR to avoid messy JBR traffic.

But whole quality thing depends on how valid is the rendering. The close DEWA area around the building seems to be used for component storage, that makes it look like a dump. So its all about what do they make of the surroundings to the left..

·
Keep on building!
1,392 Posts
One thing about Emaar is that they seem to appreciate the value of views more than anyone else. All their iconic properties include some iconic monument surrounded by towers offering views of it. Here they do it again, rather unexpectedly finding a prime spot that most of us had not even realized could be exploited. As I said, I'm jealous, but the best I could afford would be a low-level unit with the best panoramic views of the power plant--lol. Can you imagine the shock (pun intended) of some investors or renters paying top dollar only to get wide open views of a power plant? :lol:

More on the minus side, despite the views residents will still be in breathing range of whatever the power plant belches out. Also, it's funny in the render how the DEWA beach has been made to look resort-like. I doubt that could ever happen with stuff spewing out and being sucked up by the water and electricity plants so close by.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I just hate this generic Emaar design! They didn't even try with these 2 ... concerning the ramp I highly doubt it will be done this way. Since the plot that is opposite to it won't be empty forever. Lookin at the bright side, indeed they will cover the industrial area from neighboring towers lol
Ok I have to agree with you on this aspect. These are some prime plots in the Marina, right at the entry of Blue Waters. Dubai Marina already looks pretty monotone concerning architectural styles and this project won't make it better :eek:hno:
I would love to see a 270m tall, Burj Vista-like tower that doesn't only break up the architectural monotony, but also the bland height plateau of the skyline. Most of the towers in the Marina and JBR are all the same height.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You do not think the bridge or park seen in the picture will remain? Dubai marina / JBR really needs a nice park area. As example my wife refuses to stay in Dubai (marina / JBR) for more than a short while just because there is so no park area.

May people visiting is also amazed by all architecture and luxury but often mention that they newer could live in neighborhoods without any green areas. Maybe that is just Europeans but still parks are important part of communities and could not be replaced by design.

So I hope long term greed wins over short term:)

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Since when does Emaar have so many ads? :lol:

·
Beat the Heat
1,524 Posts
That DEWA land is a prime spot ... but doubt it will be touched ... ! The power plant in london became an incone so why not Jebel ali DEWA plant ? ;-)

As for the design they are timeless which is what Emaar has gone for since the very beginning of building.

·
Beat the Heat
1,524 Posts
Well we know the opposite side of the canal is being soil tested so my guess is ... view on tower or view on power plant.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts