Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
This is old news. We always knew land had been set aside for a second hotel and Aquaventure phase.

·
Banned
472 Posts
Oh, noooo!!! How could you spoil Dubai skyline even more, if not with this turd?!? That's such a garbage architecture!

·
Parisian Guy
951 Posts
This contrast of style between Atlantis Phases 1 & 2 is really interesting.

This Phase 2 would be the one and only building of this kind on the whole Crescent, which will make it even more noticeable :cheers:

That kind of architecture is really elegant but (that's just a personal opinion of course) I would have preferred it without the large rectangular hole in the middle. I don't really see the point of having done that and without it, I think it would preserve much more the pure lines of the building.

Do we actually know if the ground works started? Have they already destroyed the car park to start piling works?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
New and approved design:

Reactions: 171277

·
Banned
472 Posts
Prairie architecture is mouch bettah (!!!:cheers:) for this Palm!!! Previous design looked inappropriate here, like Bible or Odyssey on a shelf full with Standard Model books.

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
Name : Royal Atlantis Resort Project - Palm Jumeirah More...
Description : Construction of a Resort comprising (800) rooms, suites and (250) luxurious hotel apartments, as well as recreational, entertainment and services facilities.
Territory : Dubai
Updated : October 12, 2014

R

·
Keep on building!
1,392 Posts
I'd get completely lost trying to get back to my room. I much preferred the glass tower design, which to me presented a suitable contrast to what is on the rest of the Palm. It was like the glass pyramid at the Louvre.

·
Banned
472 Posts
I much preferred the glass tower design, which to me presented a suitable contrast to what is on the rest of the Palm. It was like the glass pyramid at the Louvre.
I presume you would also like the art of Piero Manzoni, placed in the middle of the square Cour Carrée, beside the pyramid. It would also give some contrast to the Louvre!

·
Keep on building!
1,392 Posts
I had to look up that artist. I didn't mean contrast just for the sake of contrast but "a suitable contrast." The glass tower softened the otherwise concrete facade of everything else on the crescent, the vertical orientation of the tower offered a break from the horizontal orientation of every other property, and the off-center positioning added an accent to the otherwise symmetrical layout of the palm's trunk, fronds and crescent. The new design conjures up images of the Flintstones to me, lacking any elegance

1 - 20 of 220 Posts