SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
38,487 Posts
A close up. I like how they maintained the street wall on Yonge and the courtyard at the back end. It makes more sense for the courtyard to be there (driveway for cars) and creates a point of interest on the side street.

·
38,487 Posts
It just gets better and better!
What's astonishing is how many lots/functionally obsolete buildings remain in the downtown. We could see another 200 towers go up before the core starts feeling built out.

I hope those trees pictured aren't just artistic license. Yonge desperately needs it.

·
38,487 Posts
Love this one and I won't miss the Marriott one little bit. I will need to find a new cafe to frequent though. :|

·
Banned
642 Posts
Oh no !
It will not be an icon anymore.
I am really sorry to see that the curve are gone.
This project gave me a lot of hope to see something spectacular
and outstanding on Yonge street.The original design was so pretty.
I am really disappointed of the actual design.
:no:

:cry::cry:

·
38,487 Posts
Every time we get a good looking proposal I know it's not what we'll actually get. It still looks acceptable but I've lost a lot of interest in this one. The curve is what made these attractive. Now they look like standard boring condos with wrap around balconies.

:sleepy:

·
Banned
642 Posts
Every time we get a good looking proposal I know it's not what we'll actually get. It still looks acceptable but I've lost a lot of interest in this one. The curve is what made these attractive. Now they look like standard boring condos with wrap around balconies.

:sleepy:

Well said my friend .
You know it always like that and greedy developers
do that to raise interest in the project.When the project
is approved,it turn out to be boring and ugly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree, this project has lost its appeal. The original vision was great architecture. It is unfortunate that this has become another mediocre proposal.

·
38,487 Posts
Don't developers realize they can charge more/have a competitive advantage if spend a little extra on a design that's a cut above?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It depends on your take of the current project. The original vision had such high hopes and looked like motivation for a game changer. Instead it appears that the developers have settled for mediocrity.
I would actually argue that the podium level looks better than the original proposal. The tower portion is a little less daring, but the positioning has improved imo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts