Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
expo
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a thread about everyone hating Toronto so here is the appreciation thread. I have argued against Toronto many times at these forums but I am starting to like the city. It has population, height, parks, waterfront, a high standard of living, nightlife, cuisine, money, and much more. It is the financial center for all of Canada. We owe a lot to Toronto and we are all Canadians. Torontonians have come to the defence of Vancouverites many times. It is time to stop the fighting! :grouphug:

So, sing your praises of the city and even post photos!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I appreciate many things about Toronto. Amoung many things is the city's parks, street life, safety, diversity, good clean PT, reasonable prices, nice people, etc.

There are many things to like about Toronto but the waterfront need much improvement before its one of them.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"but the waterfront need much improvement before its one of them."

You do mean that little section of it on the east side of the harbour? I don't know why people get all worked up about it...it's completely out of site to almost anybody...it really doesn't interfere with the rest of the city or waterfront at all. But it is an exciting opportunity...and that's how people should look at it. It's such a large scale project that no matter what, it's going to take a long time to complete and is going to be frought with issues, so it's just a waste of energy to fret about it.

KGB

·
Registered
136 Posts
I luv T.O., hogtown, THA T DOT, the big smoke, 'most diverse city', mistake by the lake, Hollywood North,tha 4-1-6 to tha 9-0-5 (or 6-4-7 to tha 2-8-9) Toronto the Good, Toronno, Trono, Toranna, Taranna, blue and white country, raptorland, blue jays way, ahhhrrrrgoooossss...
now if we can only do something about that big red tape that sticks....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm with Billy Corgan. There's no point in trying to start an appreciation thread for such a hell-hole. Even with all this non-stop glorious spring weather, the city sucks.

My major beefs include:
Diversity - everyone is a different colour, very haphazard, there is no uniformity
Food - same as above. 8000 restaurants and most of them are different. The food literally tastes different in each one.
Sports- every major N.A. sport is represented, impossible to focus
New Development - almost unmatched in N.A. Imagine the mess, roads are covered with dirt from excavation. To make matters worse, hundreds of buildings have been, and are being, designed by different architects-Libeskind, Foster, Alsop, Gehry, Calatrava, local designers... imagine the mess. Nothing, and I do mean nothing... matches. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Toronto is crap, because its not the most livable place, and because of the bitter snow 9 months of the year. The skydome's roof isn't really white, its just the permafrost accumulation. And the buildings are too tall.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
elliot said:
Food - same as above. 8000 restaurants and most of them are different.

Sports- every major N.A. sport is represented, impossible to focus
You are including quite a few tim hortens no doubt.

N.A. sport represented, meaning Toronto has the argos, so it has a footbal team which is a 'major' N.A. sport, not not a major N.A. franchise in a major league.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.