Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Toronto is currently the city with the biggest number of highrise buildings under construction in North America. This is very cool because it is a sign of the city's economic strength. However, a side effect of the crazy pace at which highrises are being built is blocked views.

So I propose a fun exercise :banana:: please submit before/after photos of blocked views from a condo/office inside an affected building.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a really good idea - though I do get one benefit of a new tower that went up nearby. My place faces north, so I usually don't get much light, but now the sun reflects off the new tower and lights up my place lol.

·
Looking Ahead-Looking Up!
35 Posts
That's a really good idea - though I do get one benefit of a new tower that went up nearby. My place faces north, so I usually don't get much light, but now the sun reflects off the new tower and lights up my place lol.
Unintended consequences are sometimes serendipitous. Hope gets a boost from such occasional events. --- From my life experience file. :)

And yes I think that's a great idea --- old and new views.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have a similar situation. I face west and new towers block my afternoon sunlight but I now get an early morning reflection of the rising sun in the east.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts