SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 630 Posts

·
13,299 Posts
Concord Cityplace - 20 Residential Towers - Toronto, ON

The current CityPlace condo development was conceived by Concord Adex developments, the same company that helped revitalize a large section of former Expo 86 lands in Vancouver. Hong Kong magnate Li Ka Shing is known to have large shareholding in Concord Adex. At 45 acres and 7500units, the $1.5 billion Cityplace project is the largest residential development ever attempted in Toronto.

Project Overview - (Click thumbnails for larger versions)

Matrix West

Height: 83 m
Floors: 28

Matrix East

Height: 95 m
Floors: 32

Apex West

Height: 108 m
Floors: 36

Apex East

Height: 83 m
Floors: 28

Optima

Height: 103 m
Floors: 34

Habour View Lofts

Floors: 7

Harbour View Estates I

Height: 121 m
Floors: 41

Harbour View Estates II

Height: 153 m
Floors: 49

Harbour View Estates III

Floors: 36

Harbour View Estates III South

Floors: 26

The Gallery

Floors: 8

West One

Height: 136 m
Floors: 49

N1

Height: 114 m
Floors: 42

Montage

Height: 131 m
Floors: 46

Neo

Floors: 15

Luna

Height: 115 & 56 m
Floors: 38 & 18

Panorama

Floors: 25 & 6 floor podium

Parade

Height: Towers 1 & 3 - 113 m
Towers 2 & 4 - 58 m
Floors: Towers 1 & 3 - 36
Towers 2 & 4 - 18

Signature

Height: 218 m
Floors: 69

Sources: Urbandb (Photos by Bob Krawczyk)
Emporis (Photos by Lawrence Black and Edward Chamberlain.)
UrbanToronto (Photos by avatarreb and casaguy)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very amazing, but the fact that all of the buildings look the same is very boring and ugly imo, and will ruin the toronto skyline. Would be a very nice place to live nonetheless.

·
天豆
9,949 Posts
WOW.

The designs in my opinion are a bit bland. Boring.. maybe just a little bit. 1 Storey podiums... But hell, twenty of them within a smallish area is amazing. It won't ruin the skyline. In fact, this will do wonders for the weak skyline shot from the islands. Surely it is Toronto's mini-Vancouver.

·
天豆
9,949 Posts
Cityplace can sell their towers instantly. It's like magic. The towers are released and then sold instantly. Typically construction starts immediately. It really boggles the mind.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i think this is great that each individual area in toronto is getting its own style of buildings. This just adds to the great variety of buildings and styles in toronto. for this area... cityplace type buildings are perfect for it... other areas of toronto, these buildings probably wouldn't work.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Here is a pic showing the 9 cityplace towers completed.
To the top of the picture across the street 5 more cityplace towers are under construction. There is still 6 more to begin construction.

9 - COMPLETED
5 - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
6 - AWAITING SALES

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
WOW! Best Cityplace thread ever :) I love this development, so I'm glad to see it on here IN ITS OWN THREAD :) :) :)

Except.. the HVE (Harbour View Estates') podiums are too short... the smaller two towers in this project have nice 2-storey ones though :) Perfect pedestrian scale, IMO on those ones...

I'll add my Cityplace photos later... noone really has seen them... and they show it from ground level up close :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It's nice that that area is getting developed but I find the designs a little boring. Streetlevel is nice but I still think there should be more podium to the towers, but this really won't be extending downtown's streetlife to the west so I guess it's nice.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I wonder how traffic will be in this area once everything is completed, traffic is already bad in this area. Also now that the Front St. extension doesn't look like it will be done I can't help to wonder how the traffic is going to be in this area long term.

1 - 20 of 630 Posts