SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Former Toronto *********
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry SSC, I wanted to post this yesterday but the site was down.at the time.

I was back home for a few days last week.....one day was great for photography, and the other day totally sucked with overcast weather. I deleted more than 100 pics and would've deleted all of the shots from the latter day because the shooting conditions were that bad....but then it would've made that $30 parking ticket that I got for parking in the esplanade on a SUNDAY to be even more of a total slap in the face. To my first car fine ever......I hope you enjoy:

If you've followed my past threads, you may have noticed my obsession with skyscraper juxtaposition shots.....I went a bit crazy with it this time:

It's amazing how a place that has 100s of thousands of people passing through every weekday can become so desolate:

Count the slabs:

The infamous Canon Theatre (formerly known as Pantages):

Is this Canada or Florida?:

Typical T.O. postcard esplanade shot...

Guess which sign I love...and which I despise.

This is it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That is DEFINATELY Toronto!!! I really like how you captured many aspects of the city. IMO, its one of the most cosmopolitan in the world. You should have captured some pics of Chinatown (Canada's largest).

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Bravo!!...Bravo!!! Uber awesome set of photos. You have a lot of great photos and about a half dozen fantastic photos. Great work. One of my favorite photos is the super closeup of the lower viewing "attachment" on the CN Tower. Very unique and some fantastic lighting. Actually, many of the photos had fantastic lighting.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
/\ 1800 feet = 548.64 meters :)

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
ummm.. that was the best photo thread I've seen yet. Thank you; you are one of the best photographers in these forums. And what subject matter! You represent Toronto so well.... I hope alot of people see these pics.

·
Former Toronto *********
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for great comments everyone.

raymond_tung88 said:
That is DEFINATELY Toronto!!! I really like how you captured many aspects of the city. IMO, its one of the most cosmopolitan in the world. You should have captured some pics of Chinatown (Canada's largest).
I've done phototours on Chinatown and Kensington Market area a bunch of times already..but i'll probably profile it again in the summer. I really like to keep things fresh and interesting with each phototour I do and show new unique angles of the city and not repeat doing over the same areas too much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love The City....Amazing Pics: Probably The Best I've Seen In A While - It looks Like A Nice Camera Was Used Too

Keep Them Coming...Urban Shots Are The Best; Dundas Square, The Trams And The Street Shots. Good Job :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
algonquin said:
ummm.. that was the best photo thread I've seen yet. Thank you; you are one of the best photographers in these forums. And what subject matter! You represent Toronto so well.... I hope alot of people see these pics.

I echo these sentiments. Fantastic framing and use of your shudder speed for the night shots.

I do alot of photography here in Houston and I've got to say that you should be using many of those pics as stock photos.

GREAT JOB!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Honestly, this is one of the best photo threads I have ever seen, and definitely the best Toronto photo thread I have seen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts