SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
You're an amazing photographer.. I'll have to add these to my compilation thread of Toronto in the Serbian section if you don't mind!

·
Banned
125 Posts
Really amazing pictures. May I ask whether you are a professional photographer? Which camera did you use?
Somehow, the color of the pictures looks as if they were taken in the 1970s or early 1980s, but in a very stylish way.

By the way, Toronto seems to be one of the most urban and densest cities in North America. Would love to visit one day.

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments, guys!
I use a bunch of different cameras, but which ones isn't important. I just pick different cameras because new stuff is fun and makes me want to take pictures! Inspiration trumps equipment every time.

And I'm just an amateur. But thanks for looking at my stuff!

oh and:

Fantastic photos...love the PP on each one
What's PP?

·
Torontonian
71 Posts
I think the post processing does a beautiful job of conveying the grit meets luxury aesthetic of the diversity that characterizes these Toronto neighbourhoods and makes them cool. It makes a lot of people smile today, but it's all in a state of flux. Tomorrow, the overhead wires could be gone along some of these streets, and the areas will become more fully gentrified.

Spadina's scale as a street is fantastic and Old Knox College is a lovely view terminus. One day, it could be quite the grand street, like a Champs-Elysees, Toronto style. Right now, it's still awesome in how diverse and vibrant it is, with the streetcars running in the right of way.

·
Registered
364 Posts
hahah, You are truly a great photographer, you can see the "jane jacobs-policy" of this city has turned it into the perfect city. I really should go there, meet family and check out this sublime gentrification.

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
hahah, You are truly a great photographer, you can see the "jane jacobs-policy" of this city has turned it into the perfect city. I really should go there, meet family and check out this sublime gentrification.
Do come visit!! You won't find a "perfect city", but you will surely love it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts