·
Registered
19 Posts
Construction Pictures: Toronto: Bathurst and Lake Shore

Construction Pictures: Toronto: Keele and Maryport

·
35,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
They look to have the same girth as most of the construction since 2005. A 15 year long fad. :)

·
Registered
12,729 Posts
I agree. Like I said earlier, I don't see them any different in width to height ratio than what has been built in Canada and majority of the countries in last many decades.

·
No pasaràn
6,258 Posts
I believe it is just that the towers are in general taller than condos in Europe or UK, so they appear to be very
slim looking to you...
That's what makes a thing slim of not, the ratio of its length to its width

·
Registered
12,729 Posts
TB, we were discussing in one of the threads whether new proposed building at 1 Front site (Dominion building) will be built behind the historical building or on top of it. Here's a better diagram(?) of the proposal (from Urban Toronto).

It's a sin to put buildings on top of a heritage structure like that. I hope it gets cancelled.

CIBC Square 2 is also going to be quite close to this building.
1597695673222.png

·
35,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
If the interior has been stripped of its historical integrity I'd rather they restore it than throw in the towel and deem it re-developable. Better yet, why can't they build this behind it? It's absurd that 3 floor Victorians on Yonge get better treatment than this. For Five Condos they were restored and the tower rose behind it yet in this far grander building the opposite happens?

It's ass backwards. We have thousands of Victorian row housing. If we lose 4-5 we still have thousands of others. This is one of the grandest buildings in the country and the only building like it in Toronto. I'm stunned that they're even considering this.

241 - 260 of 264 Posts