Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday (Sunday) i had a chance to go down to Toronto again, and this time bring my camera. I didn't really get to shoot as much as I wanted to but hopefully this is enough, for now ;)

On our way down (highway 401):

Almost there...

... And we're here. Excuse me for not knowing the names of most of these highrises/skyscrapers.. i could probably find out but it would take too long and i'm not really "in the mood"... :)

Some Scotish church:

Ugly... but for some reason still worth photographing.. :D

No idea...

This time i decided to also go over to Toronto Island. If i remember correctly these islands used to be nothing but sand bunkers, and later on (not sure when) they were turned into "real" islands, which now contain a bunch of small parks (picnic parks), a tiny childrens themepark, a little airport, a beach, and some other things.

Yours truely fiddling around with the camera while waiting for the ferry to take me to Toronto Island:

And here it is!

Lookin' around:

Looking back at the Toronto Skyline.. what a sight!

Looking back over towards Toronto Island:

And here we are...

Cute lil guys:

Nice sunset:

Looking at the Toronto skyline again, just before it gets dark (20:30):

The ferry:

Luna:

And finally, the Toronto Skyline at night, shining bright. I was very disappointed though with the C.N. Tower... it doesn't light up at all!

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
as someone from toronto those are very awesome pics! i appreciate them a lot :) thank u!
and yes being from toronto it's sad the cn tower isn't lit up :(

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
thanks, mon. nice tour, those skylines are pretty sweet. you don't see something like that in jyväskylä. :D

I happened to notice that you have the tripod as I do - it's pretty good ain't it? It weighs next to nothing and still it's sufficiently stable.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ringil said:
Bloody awesome! I'm glad you finally got your ass over there. I've been waiting for these pictures, especially since you most probably got the best camera of all the S&B forumers.
I'm blushing ;)
Although i might have one of the best (or most advanced) cameras in S&B, my lenses still don't even come close to what staff or mlm has.. so i still have a long way to go. :)

Ringil said:
That's probably my favourite pic aswell. :)

Moolio said:
I happened to notice that you have the tripod as I do - it's pretty good ain't it? It weighs next to nothing and still it's sufficiently stable.
It's an excellent tripod! The only problem i have is that my camera and lenses are heavy... really heavy... so when i try to put my camera on a 90 degree angle, the tripod falls over... Oh well, it's still good enough. And it'll due. :)

To everyone else, thanks! :D :cheers2:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Fantastic pictures, DLL! It looks like you finally found a good spot to shoot the skyline from. :)

And what's up with the traffic on 401? There's hardly any in your picture. Were you driving down there early Sunday morning?

My favorite picture is the same as Ringil's.

These pictures remind me of my own little Toronto trip in February.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=322931

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
DLL_4ever said:
And finally, the Toronto Skyline at night, shining bright. I was very disappointed though with the C.N. Tower... it doesn't light up at all!
It isn't lit up because it acts as a beacon for migrating birds and they fly into it and die. Stupid or not that's the way it is.

Anyway, nice pics.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
/\ Unfortunately like i said in the first post i didn't get to shoot as much as i wanted to... i did end up shooting around 68 photos, but only these (25 i believe) photos turned out good...

Don't worry, i will be goin back... TO is a big city. There's a lot more that needs to be explored. :)

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
/\ actually i do go down quite often... but it's not very often that i get to bring my camera, and when i do, there is always something stopping me, whether it's the weather, or the people who i'm with who are too impatient. Yesterday was beautiful though. 17+ degrees, beautiful blue sky mixed with some cool-lookin clouds, etc. :)

DenverDane: We left Oakwood at around 15:00 and arrived in Toronto at 16:45, so it was in the middle of the afternoon. I don't remember if it was before or after i took that photo, but the traffic did slow down a lot at one point..

·
NWO Henchman
1,018 Posts
Beautiful. Just beautiful. Just as I remember it from my visit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts