Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was motivated by people bitching about how boring Toronto is.. city of slab apartments and commie blocks.. overrated POS, etc. Well, Toronto is much more than that. Hopefully this thread will provide everyone with a glimpse of the true Toronto.

The usual shot:

Limited exposure:

Feel free to add more.

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is an atrium by Santiago Calatrava (the Allen Lambert Galleria) with a few shops (between Canada Trust Tower and its look-a-like the Bay Wellington) The area is BCE Place

This is Eatons Centre

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love this city. (I lived in North-York, Little-Tel-Aviv, for a year).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Every city has its dark sides - but that did't kept me from loving this nice little town , indeed it's a fantast5ic city

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
"I was motivated by people bitching about how boring Toronto is.. city of slab apartments and commie blocks.. overrated POS, etc. Well, Toronto is much more than that. Hopefully this thread will provide everyone with a glimpse of the true Toronto. "

I am SO shocked to hear that people are saying that about the great T.O.! It is such a great place, ever so opposite to those things ^....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Toronto's neighbourhoods are what make the city so special

I posted these as a phototour a few months ago, but what the hey...

Little Italy, College Street (mainly building vernacular)

hopefully someone can post a tour of Queen West

·
Banned
274 Posts
nice pics....BCE place is probably the best bit of downtown architecture in the city..... but all this shows is that toronto can be Anytown, USA.

it's the capital of generic architecture/vernacular, bar none. it ain't no POS.... but it's certainly nothing special. but of course, a few blind souls in TO fail to acknowledge this.

but i guess all the trees compensate for the blandness.

:sleepy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Toronto is anything but bland. How could the most multicultural city in the world be bland? At least it is urban in comparison to most American cities which could only dream of having the street-level activity that Toronto does.

·
Registered
470 Posts
nice pics....BCE place is probably the best bit of downtown architecture in the city..... but all this shows is that toronto can be Anytown, USA.

it's the capital of generic architecture/vernacular, bar none. it ain't no POS.... but it's certainly nothing special. but of course, a few blind souls in TO fail to acknowledge this.

but i guess all the trees compensate for the blandness.
that's a big load of shit from start to finish. Your "objective" attitude is just a wimpy way to disguise yourself as a respectable poster... all the while you're just a five and dime troll. By the way, is this spill-over from the SF vs. TO thread? If it is, then take your shit elsewhere.

I wanna add some pics to this thread but I'll wait until it goes to the next page (don't want to flood this page with pics).

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
sean storm said:

Toronto is one of the fastest growing and happening cities on the continent, and an unparalleled immigration magnet. Anytown USA could only dream of the high rise explosion happening here, or of attracting so much international architectural talent.

Please don't spam.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
sean storm said:
bingo-bango... if you think BCE place is the best TO can offer.... you're waaay off base. Just a stones throw away from BCE is the largest single concentration of Miesian towers, a gem by I.M. Pei, a Philip Johnson, toronto's city hall (whose only scandinavian modern equivalent is the Sydney Opera House)... not to mention brand new stuff by Alsop, Leibiskind, Foster... among other local gems.

You have no clue whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts