SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hope it doesn't get trimmed down. There was so much hype for this building that it was quite disappointing when it was announced. I imagined a neo-classical building but this is still okay i guess.

·
insertoronto
4,027 Posts
brace for the NIMBYism! Would they care about a tall building here?
Toronto's onslaught of development over the last decade or so has really beat out the NIMBYism of the city. Height concerns which were extremely common 10 years ago have essentially disappeared. The issues today focus on transit capacity, affordable housing, winds, etc. Height is rarely an issue.

Tonight was the first public meeting for the project and apparently it was fairly well received. Torontonians have long been a people that recognize good city building when they see it, and are generally receptive to development provided that the developer is putting in an effort for the project, and this developer certainly seems to be.

·
16,696 Posts
Looks great, let's hope it'll push through.

·
33,957 Posts
This proposals has been getting widespread acceptance in Toronto. It's very early on but an encouraging sign.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Considering the hype and buildup indicated from what the developer was describing (similar effect to the Chrysler building), this is disappointing.
Yet more external cross supports as a design feature, I find the Bow in Calgary more interesting than just another extended box with only a bronze colour and height that is being proposed. The Bloor St. frontage looks poorly resolved and disjointed as does the top ending with just a flat roof looking like it just got stopped rather than finished.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts