Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
39,922 Posts
Looking forward to this one. Good to hear that it's progressing.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the article:

llied Properties REIT joins Toronto’s office construction boom as tenants reject older towers for new spaces

http://business.financialpost.com/n...t-older-towers-for-new-spaces?__lsa=2780-1449

"One of the REIT’s biggest projects is The Well, a $1.4-billion project in Toronto’s west end. The 7.6 acre (3.1 hectare) site, currently surrounded by condominium towers and trendy restaurants, is set to become 3.1 million square feet of residential, office, and retail space, the largest private mixed-use project in the country. Allied is in talks with six potential office tenants and Emory expects to lock at least one down by year-end."

·
39,922 Posts
Thanks very much for all your contributions lately Victoria123. They're much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks very much for all your contributions lately Victoria123. They're much appreciated.
My pleasure Isaidso. I appreciate the kind words but all I'm doing is copying and pasting. I noticed that SSC lacks members and information from Toronto compared to other ones such as SSP, and obviously UT.

·
39,922 Posts
My pleasure Isaidso. I appreciate the kind words but all I'm doing is copying and pasting. I noticed that SSC lacks members and information from Toronto compared to other ones such as SSP, and obviously UT.
That's quite alright. Many of our usual contributors (myself included) haven't been able to devote as much time as we usually do so it's a welcome respite to have someone pick up the slack.

I'm very much looking forward to this proposal. The tech sector seems to be gravitating to King West and Liberty Village; a great fit imo. Apparently Ottawa based Shopify will take space in The Well.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
39,922 Posts
Hot damn! This will be both the first major office tower and first major retail complex to rise west of Spadina. It will give the upcoming King West tech district a big shot in the arm.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From UT user, 'Fromsmalltowntomidtown'

Today at the Real Estate Strategy & Leasing conference a representative from Allied confirmed that construction would start "at

the start" of next year

Word is that the underground parkade will be completed first, and then the company will wait for tenants before they build the office tower.

·
39,922 Posts
I'm super excited about this one. It's the type of development that's been missing in Toronto. You'd think places like this would be common in a Canadian climate but they're not.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm super excited about this one. It's the type of development that's been missing in Toronto. You'd think places like this would be common in a Canadian climate but they're not.
Agree Toronto really needs these types of developments to liven up the city amid the boring condo boom!
This is definitely one of my favourite top 3 Canadian projects built or unbuilt.

·
39,922 Posts
Agree Toronto really needs these types of developments to liven up the city amid the boring condo boom!
This is definitely one of my favourite top 3 Canadian projects built or unbuilt.
And seeing a major office building west of Spadina speaks to the emergence of King West as a tech hub. It's precisely the type of area that tech workers prefer but big floor plates are hard to come by. This should help a ton.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts