Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BriniaSona
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toronto Underground is the largest in the world. So, I was wondering if it was expanding at all to keep it that way.

Are there future maps/plans for the underground. Or has development slowed down because of the condos?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Toronto PATH I believe is the largest underground city in the world, and yes it's constantly expanding so much so the newest maps are always out of date lol. The problem is it's a hodge podge of connections there needs to be a single entity overseeing it's expansion!

I especially love to use the path in the winter you NEVER need to go outside and freeze when walking all over downtown hehe! Plus so many amazing food options and stores! If you factor in the Eaton Center plus all the path stores and food courts it must be the largest shopping mall in the world!?

·
BriniaSona
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you referring to the subway system (like in London Underground) or PATH (underground walkways)?
Path. Sorry. I read somewhere Montreal had an equally large one. I was just wondering if toronto was going to keep the record and what future plans they have.

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
Montreal measures theirs differently. Toronto measures continuous walking space, and Montreal includes other areas of the city that you could jump on their Metro subway and get to; they include that in their RESO measurements. We do not include other areas like Yonge/Bloor, Yonge/Eglinton, so it is not the same thing in both cities. The PATH system here has expanded a lot in the past 10 years with all the new developments downtown, and goes to Bremner Boulevard now. Often, when there is a new office built here downtown the path is extended.

·
39,225 Posts
I'm hoping PATH will eventually stretch north to Yorkville and west to University Avenue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts