SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
38,844 Posts
Looks very promising. This block can't get developed soon enough.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The render isn't the best quality, so I'm sure that detracts from the look of the building. I think once we see better quality renderings it won't look as bad. Who knows, we may even see a complete re-design.

·
38,844 Posts
This one was sent back to the drawing board. I liked this one a lot so I'm hoping the re-design looks very similar to the original.

·
38,844 Posts
There are regulations in place that curb height on Yonge. Most of the guidelines make sense, but this one doesn't make sense to me at all.

The view plane restrictions behind City Hall and the Legislature is another one that I'm vehemently opposed to as are height restrictions abutting our parks. A tall street wall abutting a park is an exhilarating urban quality yet they're trying to prevent Toronto from ever attaining that. Unfortunately, I don't see these restrictions being lifted any time soon. :eek:hno:

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/tallbuildingstudy.htm

·
Registered
980 Posts
The DRP (Design Review Panel) got a hold of this one and what you see on the right is the updated rendering of the project. Looks promising (much better than what was initially proposed which looks almost exactly like 1 Bloor).

Thanks to raptor for breaking the news.

·
38,844 Posts
I much prefer this to yet another Pinnacle, Maple Leaf Square, or Festival Tower. This one looks like it belongs in a big city core, the others not so much. This design is unapologetic and a breath of fresh air, tbh.

Build it.

·
faster than buildings
10,325 Posts
I don't know if I prefer the new design above the old, but it could turn out well. It looks more original than Karma and 501 Yonge.

·
38,844 Posts
It's a block from the 272m AURA building and right above College subway station so I was surprised that there was any concern about the height to begin with. If they were proposing 500 m+ or below 200 m, perhaps it would need discussing. 207 m is at the lower end of what you'd want here.

·
Registered
980 Posts
This one is recommended approval at 57 stories / 198 meters.

Still awaiting new renderings which should come out within the next month or so.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts