1 - 20 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
was in Toronto during the easter break, I too was amazed by all the cranes I saw everywhere. It's not just downtown, it's scarborough, north york and etobicoke too. Condos are going up everywhere. It's good to see that the former suburbs are embracing infill.

·
Banned
444 Posts
HirakataShi said:
was in Toronto during the easter break, I too was amazed by all the cranes I saw everywhere. It's not just downtown, it's scarborough, north york and etobicoke too. Condos are going up everywhere. It's good to see that the former suburbs are embracing infill.
are you japanese, what were you doing in Toronto. :jk: :weirdo: :runaway:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I'm not dismissing the amount of construction going on in Toronto, but almost all the buildings are residentials. You can count on one hand the amount of commercial office buildings going up. The only office building going up, according to Skyscraperpage.com's top 25 building's under construction is the Canada Life Center, which is around 300 feet.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
SKYMTL said:
^^^Artificial inflation. I'm not kidding. I'll elaborate when I have more time.
It's also happening in the US in Southern California and the Northeast. I read that in Santa Barbara, California, only 4% of the population can afford to buy the average priced house. It's basic economics. If there is no one that can afford the higher and higher priced houses or condos, then the inflated prices will collapse. Hopefully, it will not "pop" like a bubble, but just gradually lower in price, otherwise the shock effect could effect the US and Canadian economies dramatically.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
^ Whats wrong with residentials buildings, they add to an area density which brings alot of amenities to some areas which otherwise are dead during parts of the day. Anyway i find condo's more attractives than the current group of commercial buildings toronto has.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
You are to blame said:
^ Whats wrong with residentials buildings, they add to an area density which brings alot of amenities to some areas which otherwise are dead during parts of the day. Anyway i find condo's more attractives than the current group of commercial buildings toronto has.
Nothing is wrong with residential buildings. I love them. We are going through a mini-boom in residential highrises here in Atlanta right now. My only point is that the building boom in Toronto is in only one area, residentials, and not in commercial buildings. Obviously no developer thinks he can make a profit by putting up a commercial building, and he/she is probably right.

1 - 20 of 529 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.