Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Unregistered User
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post here photos of places of interest where tourists visit in the city. Some examples include historical places, monuments, zoos, museums and art galleries, botanical gardens, buildings and structures (e.g., castles, libraries, former prisons, skyscrapers, bridges), national parks and forests, theme parks and carnivals, ethnic enclave communities, historic trains and cultural events.

·
Unregistered User
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Jakarta Fair 2007 - taken on June 22, 2007

3. New Hall D

8. Open stage

14. Furnitures for sale at Jakarta Fair

·
hardcore
323 Posts
Jakarta Fair is, sadly, not like what it was once. It used to be a real fair showcasing Jakarta with authentic Betawi games, food, ornaments and all. Real oldschool stuff. But now it's waaay too commercialized, not exactly Jakarta in Betawi sense. (it's ironic to find the kerak telor sellers are outside of the building, considering they are the REAL deal of Jakarta/Betawi culture).

ON TOPIC:

My girlfriend might come with me to Jakarta sometime this year (or early next year). Any idea where to take her? Please don't say the mall :D :D :D unless it's a really, really different mall hehehe. I'm planning to take her to Bekasi and show her what a great city it is :D Hahahah. She's Icelandic btw.

·
Obsolete User
35,063 Posts
^^ bring her to Ancol or Dufan ... Lolzzz.. :D

Maybe u shud try Ragunan ;), and dun forget to bring her to visit some MUSEUM in JKT especially in Monas neoghborhood..

Btw, bawanya jangan k Bekasi donk :D ,.., ntar dia pening ngliatin sampah d sana d mari ..;)

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
This is a 4days 3 night tour package from one travel agency

Day 01
Upon arrival, meet & greet services with tour guide in airport. After that you will be transfer to Bandung (takes about 3hrs drive). Dinner at local restaurant then check-in Hotel. (D)

Day 02
After breakfast, visit Tangkuban Perahu Volcano, Ciater Hot Spring. In the evening, shopping tour at: Cihampelas Jeans Centre & Factory Outlet. Lunch and Dinner at local restaurant. (B/L/D)

Day 03
After breakfast, transfer to Jakarta. Enroute, visit Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park, Museum Purna Bhakti. After lunch, continue to visit National Monument, Fatahilah Museum, Sunda Kelapa Harbour and Ancol Dreamland Theme Park (include entrance fee). Lunch & Dinner at local restaurant. Overnight in Jakarta. (B/L/D)

Day 04
Free at own leisure until time for transfer to airport for your flight back home. (B)

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
That schedule is rather tight and tiring

Ancol should be 1 whole day include theme park and sea world (continue to a mall :D )
Museums visit include monas and sunda kelapa can be a day as well (continue to a mall or having dinner in Kemang)
Taman Mini Indonesia Indah is one day trip as well (continue to a mall)

·
hardcore
323 Posts
This is a 4days 3 night tour package from one travel agency

Day 01
Upon arrival, meet & greet services with tour guide in airport. After that you will be transfer to Bandung (takes about 3hrs drive). Dinner at local restaurant then check-in Hotel. (D)

Day 02
After breakfast, visit Tangkuban Perahu Volcano, Ciater Hot Spring. In the evening, shopping tour at: Cihampelas Jeans Centre & Factory Outlet. Lunch and Dinner at local restaurant. (B/L/D)

Day 03
After breakfast, transfer to Jakarta. Enroute, visit Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park, Museum Purna Bhakti. After lunch, continue to visit National Monument, Fatahilah Museum, Sunda Kelapa Harbour and Ancol Dreamland Theme Park (include entrance fee). Lunch & Dinner at local restaurant. Overnight in Jakarta. (B/L/D)

Day 04
Free at own leisure until time for transfer to airport for your flight back home. (B)
Dude awesome!! I'm also thinking of taking her to Ciater... the thing is she told me in iceland there's a lot of volcanic mountains, and hot springs too (if I'm mistaken:eek:hno: ). Monas is definitely. I dunno if Ancol's beach is a tourist destination... considering it's in now :\ poor Ancol. Maybe the waterpark though hehehe

·
Obsolete User
35,063 Posts
^^ TOrnado emang agak serem :( .... Aq hampir naik itu, pas dateng ke tempat itu ... nyali langsung ciut :D ....

Akhirnya pindah dehh ke permainan lain ..... ISTANA BONEKA ....ahahahahahahahahahahaah :lol:

Turun level nya jauh banget ;D

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
the only thing serem about the Dufan Roller Coaster is that the Safety Belt once in a time doesn't go on you :( they should make more roller coasters thats more wilder....like in the US

·
Obsolete User
35,063 Posts
^^ Denger2 menurut riset di Jepang sono, katanya setiap kita naik ROller-coaster .... ada pembuluh darah kita yang pecah .... :)... pernah dengar ttg ini, gak ???

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
^^ tp pas liat tv ada jg orang yg naik roller coaster ampe 25 kali tp gak apa2 :)

·
Obsolete User
35,063 Posts
^^ iya juga ya :hammer:

25 kali naik roller coaster, gak muntah :nuts:, gilee juga tuh orang :D

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
what I love is the Kora2 :D usually if I go to DUFAN I go on it 10 times :D

·
Batik
4,749 Posts