Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
DoM
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some random photos from my trip to Stockholm. Most photos are from popular places so most likely you are not going to see anything new here. :)

·
***H***
4,528 Posts
Great pictures. But the city looks cold.

·
DoM
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cold, looks almost like autumn... - I think this is also my mistake. I've used laptop for editing these photos and now when I look at them in another monitor they look much darker than they should. I need to do some sort of calibration of laptops monitor.
Anyway, thanks for comments, will try to make better photos next time, at least not so dark. ;)
As for Stockholm - it's really very beautiful city, the most impressive for me is the location of Stockholm. Water, many little islands not far away, nice waterfronts and many ships/boats. Though such opinion is probably not surprising from a person who lives in the city located far from the sea. :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Oh, how I missed this thread?
The pictures compositionally are amazing, really good - it was a real pleasure to watch this thread. Although, as you pointed out, some of them are too dark.
But - I really don't get how after seeing such views and such buildings (there are even few which I didn't see in my 3 visits in Stockholm) - you can still think Stockholm is "overrated". Even if we judge ONLY the architecture - this, your own thread proves it's as great as Vienna or Prague..

·
Registered
25,572 Posts
^^

I do agree with you, Vecais. However, i think that the author of this thread has visited some more cities after Stock and he felt that other places were more beautiful. :)
Well, whoever agrees or not, but Stockholm is beautiful in its unique way. It may look like Paris (esp. Odenplan), Vienna (esp. Strandvägen) or London (some typical english houses in districts) or New York (SoFo), however in a unique, scandinavian way. Oh, and hotel 'Diplomat' reminds of Belgium. :D
Some time ago i read an article, where Stockholm was presented as the city, which is hard to describe and i aree with this statement. :D
By the way, the clouds add some dramatic mood to this peacefull city, i think. :)

·
Registered
25,572 Posts
As for Stockholm - it's really very beautiful city, the most impressive for me is the location of Stockholm. Water, many little islands not far away, nice waterfronts and many ships/boats. Though such opinion is probably not surprising from a person who lives in the city located far from the sea. :)
It seems that Dompcz has changed his oppinion after some time. :)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(I haven´t laughed this much in a looooooooooong while)
No wonder that Dompcz thinks that Stockholm is over rated!
Not even I who have lived here most of my life have seen the city THAT dark and gloomy!
Terrible! :eek:hno: :nuts: :lol:

·
DoM
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I have never said that Stockholm is not beautiful. It is very beautiful like many other European cities but I still prefer Vienna, Prague, Paris, Budapest, Barcelona, Amsterdam... My recent trip was to a small city, capital of Scotland - Edinburgh and you know what? I can't say that I like Stockholm more than Edinburgh, they are both great cities just very different. Europe is filled with great and very beautiful cities. That's what I mean.

Anyway, thank you everyone for comments, now that I look again, some dark photos even turned out quite interesting. :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
My favorites here are #12, #26, #39 - fantastic compositions, though many pics are great.
OH, how I would like to live in this place! And go to photo tours, exploring the city inch by inch!
Lucky you, Dj4Life! :cheers:

·
Registered
25,572 Posts
My favorites here are #12, #26, #39 - fantastic compositions, though many pics are great.
OH, how I would like to live in this place! And go to photo tours, exploring the city inch by inch!
Lucky you, Dj4Life! :cheers:
Well, i live in a suburb of Stockholm (Metro area) and don't go to the inner city very often, since i study the language at the local school and later spend time at the same place. :)
When i go to the city center, i can see very various architecture, especially in the suburbs. There are quite many grey boxy buildings there, but that's ok (i got used to them (even uglier) in Lithuania :D). Anyway, suburbs are quite a different story. What i like about them is that nearly all of them have cozy parks, some nice shops and caffe's.
While walking in the inner city, usually i find something unseen (some new streets or alle's or parks and etc.). However, i have left the cable of my camera in Lithuania and now have to suffer without sharing pics with you. :bash:

P.S. life here is an interesting experience. I have never thought that i will meet many american, african, asian, arabian, japanese, latino, polish, lithuanian, british and hungarian people in a swedish language class. That is a very nice experience of the multiculturual society. :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts