SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
15,383 Posts
Some of these freestanding structures enchances skyline like the ones of Toronto, Sydney or Auckland. Especially Toronto, would this city have that attractive skyline if it didn't have The CN Tower?

BTW, does this count?

Ocean Park Tower, HK

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,685 Posts
Especially Toronto, would this city have that attractive skyline if it didn't have The CN Tower?
Yes. In fact, even moreso, since the tower has a strong minimizng effect on the rest of the skyline due to its extreme height.

·
15,383 Posts
Yes. In fact, even moreso, since the tower has a strong minimizng effect on the rest of the skyline due to its extreme height.
Yes and The CN Tower is the tallest freestanding structure. But what if Toronto has one or more scraper over 400 ft?

·
101,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why isn't the Sydney Tower here?
I'm showing pictures of towers from my travels. Since I have not been to Sydney, I have no picture. It looks like you haven't been either, because that is not your picture.

·
101,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,685 Posts
Yes and The CN Tower is the tallest freestanding structure. But what if Toronto has one or more scraper over 400 ft?
I have no idea what you're asking. :dunno:
Do u really mean 400 metres? Because that's a pretty steep requirement that many cities with great skylines could meet.

·
3,839 Posts
Liberation Tower Kuwait

The tower is the current tallest structure in the middle-east.
its 372 Meters high, it accommodate a restaurant, observation deck and it is also used as a communication tower that serves kuwait's telephone and internet serves locally and internationaly. :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts