Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Official Birmingham Thread 18... Oh and do you have a picture of the flag, I don't know what it looks like.

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,516 Posts
See this is why I don't start threads, its far too complex a business for my feeble brain to comprehend. :?

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
See this is why I don't start threads, its far too complex a business for my feeble brain to comprehend. :?
:pet: Considering my post count, I actually haven't started that many threads...

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
How to make a forumer feel unwanted! :nono: Stop being so bitchy the lot of you. :bash:

Most of us have created slightly boring threads that turn out to be successful, apart from Telfordboy who has only created the one thread about.... Telford. :|

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,516 Posts
Its cos I'm not from Brum I feel inferior:badnews:

(Damn it, I didn't want to commit suicide but I don't have a smiley that just cries.)

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
I'm not from Brum either but that doesn't stop me making pointless threads. :eek:hno:

Oh and the smiley you're looking for is :cry:

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,516 Posts
But you're from the metro area, there is a big wedge of green between us and even that.

Cheers for the smile btw.:eek:kay:

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,516 Posts
Lol, nor me. My dad was from Jamaica and my moms side were from Dawley one the inbred (hopefully an urban myth) towns that went on to make up Telford. So by virtue of geography you win, or lose (I forget):tongue:

·
3,635 Posts
sorry i didn't realise it would be such a big deal, my humble apologies.

This is a really small picture of it:

It appears that you have mistaken the Town Hall with the Council House. Here's a larger photo of it.

Birmingham City Council flies daily from the main flagpole at Council House, Victoria Square in the centre of Birmingham, a flag representing its arms, known as a banner of arms. There is a secondary flagpole, lower down the main frontage, on which it tends to fly the Union Flag.

It is a flag divided into quarters. In the top left (first) and bottom right (fourth) quarters is a diagonal line of five yellow diamonds on a blue background. These symbolise the arms of the de Bermingham family, former Lords of the Manor and are probably taken from the effigy of Sir William de Bermingham dated 1325 and extant in the Victorian church of St Martins in the Bullring, in Birmingham city centre. The top right (second) and bottom left (third) quarters are divided vertically with a zig-zag (indented in the blazon) line, yellow on the left and red on the right. These originate from the arms of another branch of the same Bermingham family, but have been coloured differently by the city council.
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-e-wmd.html

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
Lol, nor me. My dad was from Jamaica and my moms side were from Dawley one the inbred (hopefully an urban myth) towns that went on to make up Telford. So by virtue of geography you win, or lose (I forget):tongue:
Oh, so you're part traditional Telfordonian (if that's the correct word) - how rare is that? How many people in Telford have roots from the immediate area rather than Birmingham and the Black Country and Liverpoolshire? I should actually be asking this in the Telford thread. :doh:

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
The End.​

1 - 20 of 29 Posts