SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Towns & Small Cities of England & Wales

35997 Views 199 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  cardiff
Welcome to this new thread where I will showcase my photos from towns and small cities (where I haven't taken enough photos to warrant their own thread) around England and Wales.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Reading appears much more pleasant than I had imagined.
Reactions: Bristol Mike
Your pictures have certainly encouraged an interest in visiting Reading. I have family down that way - so it is on the radar, so to speak!
As much as I like the picturesque nature of small town/city Britain - at this stage in my life I think I'd die of boredom if I were to live there.
Great pictures! Love the row of chimneys!
I'm very familiar with this kind of scene, from my time spent living in the southern cotswolds. charming and lovely.
The abbey provides such a striking sight!

I love coming across these sorts of views - particularly in the west country.

There is a magical place called 'Owlpen' in Gloucestershire: you descend and descend down a winding approach road, and there before you is the most enchanting scene of Owlpen manor and church.
Tyntesfield is really quite magical. Gorgeous coloured stone.
Beautiful images of Wells. I love the South-West - so charming and laid-back; but like you say - I could not live in such a quiet place.
I used to live not too far from Gloucester - in Stroud - and the cathedral is beautiful - one of my favourites; although the city itself - not so much; as you say.....
The West Country is, perhaps, the most lovely, laid-back area of Britain. I really recommend it to all that have yet to visit. It has no 'big' cities - but what it does have is bags of charm and character; and is very liveable. Well done Mike for showing that.
Good to see some images of Birmingham; a city which we do not see enough of on SSC.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.