SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been doing some work in the Cape Flats region of late, and thought in sharing the pictures (so far) with you, that there is a need for general discussion and pictures of our cities 'other side'.

Lets keep it a place where any developments and progress in these areas can be posted.

Cape Flats -

Grassy Park - want fish?

Philippi's Stock Road Station

Philippi's Stock Road transport interchange

I think this is more Philippi

Neater Philipi neighbourhoods.

Langa

Khayelitsha - Site B: This is a fantastic development by a women named Rose. She has housing for +- 1000 orphans, and I believe there is a creche and old age home across the street too.

Khayalitsha

Khayalitsha

Khayalitsha: Apparently there were no tared roads here until a few years ago.

Khayalitsha: A new station (can't remember the name or find it on the metrorail sites) on the new part of the Cape Flat line.

Khayalitsha: More of the new rail.

Khayalitsha: The neat looking Magistrates Court.

Khayalitsha: The fairly new Khayalitsha Mall - would guess about <40 shops, but the main ones are there.

Khayalitsha: The SuperSpar in the mall. Nicer and more modern than many I have been in to.

Ditto :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes indeed ... we need a thread for the Townships. I look at the images and see so much potential for upgrading these areas. Thanks for the interesting thread.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
I will be in the Vaal over the weekend and hope to post some pics on monday. Nice pics and and with this we can see how much progress have been made.

·
Registered
449 Posts
the areas in those pictures are remarkably clan. townships and the areas around them normally have so much litter, its really frustrating..

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
Could an admin member please change the title to Cape Flats *Discussion & Galary*
It will allow for individual threads for townships which I think is missing from this forum atm.
Thanks.
Why keep the spelling mistake:nuts::nuts::nuts:

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
^^ I think it's best the way you named it as we can post photos for all townships.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Great thread. We mustn't forget that townships are a much a part of SA as any other form of settlement + we mustn't try to hide them. This is a reality in our country.

I know there is some great stuff happening in some townships in an attempt to improve them like the Alexandra Renewal Project and so on.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Could an admin member please change the title to Cape Flats *Discussion & Galary*
It will allow for individual threads for townships which I think is missing from this forum atm.
Thanks.
No, I think it should remain as Townships Discussion and Gallery, even though it was you that started this thread. For if everyone's going to open a thread for each townships, we will be lost.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Brilliant idea for a thread, well done CT Guy - will be interesting to see progress in these areas!!

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
Ive said it before and Ill say it again, why oh why are there never any trees in townships? Even new suburbs with formal road and sidewalks etc have no vegitation and trees. Its not like they need to be irrigated like here in Dubai so whats the excuse?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts