SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 438 Posts

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.
I've taken the chance to steal Bergin's Idea and make one into a Townsville Issues Thread. I'd like it if all the Townsvillians/Thuringowans also have something to contribute to this. Any News of Any sort could be put in here, General, Building, Notices etc. Look here for future posts. :)

Thanks
Gertzy

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rascist Tags - Willows Shoppingtown

There were numorous Racial tags by an Unknow Racial group/s condemning Indigenious groups stating numerous references about Palm Island. The Infamous Nazi Swatstika also makes many appearances on the wall of the Conteki Funiture group Warehouse at Willows (Next to Solly's Warehouse). It is believed to have been the work of the KKK (Who I really hate) or numerous other Racial (Nazi Propagandist Groups, Scumbags) based within Australia.

The vandals called for "White Power" (We were here first you bunch of Idiots) and wrote "Adolf Hitler" (He's Dead, nothing you can do about that) and Insult like "Filthy N****r Scum"

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Sunbus Goes online

On Friday, Transport Minister Paul Lucas launched the new Ford Sunbus Buses to help to improve Mass Transit in The Twin Cities. The new Buses are just slightly bigger than the Mercedes buses launched into Sunbus service in 2002/2003 used on the 1a Route between the Hospital and the City. The new buses will work on the routes to the strand and on the 1 and 1a routes and the new 1b, 1c and 1x services that pretty much follow the 1 route to Thuringowa Central (Willows).

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just Enough Water

If the Ross River Catchment recieves no rain this season, Ross dam has still enough to last till May 2005.

NQ water have also stated that if there is enough rain to eqaul the worst wet season on record, pumping from Burdekin Falls wont start till November 2005.

·
6,399 Posts
Be interesting to see what Sunbus are going around now, because I'm pretty sure there aren't any new ones - 3 ex-Brisbane refitted buses plus some new small buses went into service about a month ago - I think they might be the ones they're talking about.

New timetable looks good though - if you live near an express stop along Ross River Rd or Charters Towers Rd you can now get a bus into the city every 7 1/2 minutes.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying it out Tommorow Actually, hopping on the Bus for a Launch down at the strand.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arterial Link Accepted.

In a Public Meeting with TCC and residents of North Ward, Belgian Gardens and The CBD last week, the residents accepted the council's proposal for a new Arterial link via Bundock St, Denham St or North Ward rd. The new proposal is to include, Four Lanes at areas that aren't already 4 laned like from Ingham rd Hugh Street to the new Traffic lights at Bundock Street etc and a giant partisian in the middle of the road. The plan is to also include more Traffic lights and another 1000 cars going past the residents of that road.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Gertzy said:
There were numorous Racial tags by an Unknow Racial group/s condemning Indigenious groups stating numerous references about Palm Island. The Infamous Nazi Swatstika also makes many appearances on the wall of the Conteki Funiture group Warehouse at Willows (Next to Solly's Warehouse). It is believed to have been the work of the KKK (Who I really hate) or numerous other Racial (Nazi Propagandist Groups, Scumbags) based within Australia.

The vandals called for "White Power" (We were here first you bunch of Idiots) and wrote "Adolf Hitler" (He's Dead, nothing you can do about that) and Insult like "Filthy N****r Scum"
People like this make me sick! Ok so we know that they hate coloured people, they dont need to make it known... hey Gertzy the reason why these sick and twisted people are writting grafiti on the wall? cos no one is taking notice of them thats why and i doubt that thier parents ever did or they wouldnt be carrying on like this... But anyways as long as the community and respected leaders are condemning this insane behaviour... The indigenous community in Townsville need to unite and publicly condemn such sick behaviour, through protests and letters to mp's and other influential public personalities... I cant believe people in Townsville let this go on and just put up with it! If these twisted f*** heads ever try anything like this in Cairns... oh my lord they wont stand a chance, they wanna make sure that they have some sort of funeral insurance cos these bastards wouldnt last one day in Cairns... :)
ps. sorry about my language.. makes me very angry when you hear of things like this

·
Registered
131 Posts
Gertzy said:
On Friday, Transport Minister Paul Lucas launched the new Ford Sunbus Buses to help to improve Mass Transit in The Twin Cities. The new Buses are just slightly bigger than the Mercedes buses launched into Sunbus service in 2002/2003 used on the 1a Route between the Hospital and the City. The new buses will work on the routes to the strand and on the 1 and 1a routes and the new 1b, 1c and 1x services that pretty much follow the 1 route to Thuringowa Central (Willows).
Do you know if Cairns are getting any new buses?

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
High-Rises Galore.

Townsville, just recently had two more proposals for High-Rise towers in the CBD. compared to the 8-12 story buildings that have been proposed/approved/UC, these buildings are both 20 stories high and will complement The Sturt Street twin towers that has been proposed by Hedley group.

The First Tower, Highgate Apartments is being planned for the old wintergarden thertre site next door to the central police station. According to Forum member, Oriolus, The building is only 66m and not the 70m reported in the Townsville Bulletin. The developer is Cairns based City Breeze developments.

The Denham house development is also 20 stories but the exact height is not known, so I'll report 70m. It is developed by Blenz Properties.

In other news relating to the CBD High-Rises, Sanctuary on Sturt, A Hedley development looks like its going to be completed early. Its deadline was reported mid-June.
Construction of Gateway on Palmer, the city's first 12+ High-rise in more than a decade is set to start construction next month or later this month according to Wezza.
The Ibis Hotel project and 37 Palmer street have been approved a few months ago, with both projects due to start construction very soon.
The Ramada Hotel chain is planning to annouce its proposal for a hotel on Palmer street very soon, although it was reported that a hotel chain will annouce a hotel on palmer street, It is not clear if its Ramada Hotels even though Terry Butts had reported that, But however most other developments he tallked about, were true.
GPD's Nautica, on The TMBYC, has been approved and launch dates for the project is mid-march.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Townsville Aiport, Awarded $17m for development.

On 7 Local News, Townsville Airport was Awarded $17m for development.
I did'nt get much though as I was writing for this thread,

However, I'll try to get more information for this thread.

·
©
9,401 Posts
^ Are you sure thats what you heard? I was just watching WIN local news and there was something on there about Queensland Airports Ltd (Owners of Gold Coast airport) have taken over control of TSV & ISA. They did say that when AAL aquired the airport 7 years ago it cost $17 million & QAL have just payed $75 million i think it was for it.

·
©
9,401 Posts
Renewed hope for Jetstar flights soon!!

There is renewed hope of Jetstar coming to Townsville soon. Talks are going to begin next week between the airports new owners, Queensland Airports Ltd & Jetstar. Here's hoping for a good outcome!!

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully, we will. Jetstar is just stupid. They would'nt fly to Townsville when AAL had ownership and now they will fly due to bloody QAL because QAL gives them good bloody deals to fly. Stuff Jetstar, I'm never flying with Jetstar, even if it is an A320.

·
©
9,401 Posts
I honestly couldn't blame Jetstar for not coming to Townsville in the first place. AAL were notorious for the high charges for the use of the airport. We nearly didn't get the terminal redevelopment because Virgin didn't want to pay the extra cost on top of the already high charges.

1 - 20 of 438 Posts