Townsville's Reid Park V8 Supercars Track/Circuit
Will become Queensland's first permanent V8 facility 24-7 V8 Supercars Track/Circuit
• The establishment of a V8 Supercar Event for Townsville will act as a catalyst for the urban renewal of Reid Park. The concept for development would be similar in style and amenity to Melbourne’s Albert Park. It will provide a valuable community gathering and recreational point on what is currently an unused paddock. It could be used for major community events from Carols by Candlelight to Military Tattoos. It will provide a venue for major sporting and community events such as Walkathons or other
major Charity Events.
• Leaders of Townsville’s cultural and community scene have backed the proposal to develop Reid Park. There is a real demand for large outdoor facilities capable of hosting large festivals, concerts, open days and events close to the city centre. These could include expansions of the Cultural Fest and Festival of Chamber Music etc
• The vast parklands and open spaces will provide similar social and community benefits similar to that of The Strand and Riverway. Ultimately, the area will become the third world-class lifestyle precinct for Townsville.
• The permanent multi-purpose building would provide another badly needed venue for events ranging in size up to 500 people outside of use for the V8 Racing Festival. Currently Townsville faces a shortage of such facilities with no other plans to fill this demand in the pipeline.
• The V8 Supercar event is not just a race, but a week long festival (includes three days of racing) that the entire family can enjoy – similar to a VP60 celebration for Townsville
• Regardless of any event schedules, the community can use the parkland facilities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to skyscrapers, towers, highrises, construction, and city planning enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about structures, styles, reviews, scale, transportation, skylines, architecture, and more!