Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Investment arm of the Japanese auto Maker Toyota Motor corporation has bid for the 2000km long Lamu-Juba Pipeline. The project will cost a whopping US$3 billion easily making the largest PPP project in Africa.
The entry of the Private sector in the development of Lapsset transport corridor of -which the Juba-Lamu Pipeline is an integral part- could be the first shot to the entry of the Private sector in the development of other components of the corridor. These include the Lamu-Juba railway Line, 29 berths at Lamu Port, and three resort cities.
http://eaers.blogspot.com/2012/08/toyota-bids-for-africas-largest-ppp_20.htm

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
u know Kenyans have large syndrome or fantasies! They r generally lazy at finding facts! I am pretty sure in Zambia, Tanzania, Mozambique, DRC, Ethiopia and South Africa there r projects that worth more than that!

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
The LAPPSET project (Lamu-Juba pipeline and associated works) is costing $23 billion.
But have they secured all those funds? give us evidences and NOT some agreements!

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
u know Kenyans have large syndrome or fantasies! They r generally lazy at finding facts! I am pretty sure in Zambia, Tanzania, Mozambique, DRC, Ethiopia and South Africa there r projects that worth more than that!
I thought we were in agreement that the next person that starts the Kenya vs Tanzania wars will be banned from this site. Geza is obviously not interested in the facts but only up to starting another infantile argument! I urge the mods to rid this site of this problem!

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Lol why don't you just look at threads like this and see that bids are being won by companies like Toyota.

LAPSSET = $23 billion = giant project.
:cheers::cheers:

It is great that major companies are grabbing up the components of this MEGA PROJECT at this rate!

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Is $3 bio. equal to $23 bio.? and is bidding equal to releasing of funds?

·
Engineer d's art't enjoys
6,432 Posts
:cheers::cheers:

It is great that major companies are grabbing up the components of this MEGA PROJECT at this rate!
Soon Uganda won't want to be left out, they will be using their oil money to get connected to the LAPPSET :cheers1:

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Soon Uganda won't want to be left out, they will be using their oil money to get connected to the LAPPSET :cheers1:
:cheers: :cheers:

Very good stuff going on! The northern corridor will open up the north and the multiplier effect will have a great impact on the countries involved!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
$3 billion is not the largest PPP project in Africa :lol:

But yay anyway! :cheers:
I would be glad to be told that this is not the largest PPP project in Africa. In my story I have made it very clear that the project could be expanded to US$5 billion to include further extensions of pipelines to uganda and Djibouti through Ethiopia. Now if you could list the largest, that you know of. I shall be glad to also study write about them.
Please provide solutions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is $3 bio. equal to $23 bio.? and is bidding equal to releasing of funds?
For those too lazy to think. The entire Lapsset is a number of mega projects in the region. It involves the creation of a complete transport corridor. The entire project will cost US$23 bn. Broken under: Juba-Lamu Pipeline US$3bn; JUba-Lamu Railway Line $8.1 bn; Lamu Port $5.3 bn. 1700 KM of roads US$ 1.5 bn.
There are three resort cities that are estimated to cost more US$700million, Refineries, power generation, Airports, all cost 23 billion.

Already the government of Kenya has advertised for contractors to build the first three of the 32-berth Lamu port. Toyota Tusho has bid for the US$5 billion Pipeline. The indication is tthe project is a viable business venture and that is why large private sector plays are showing interest.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Uganda cannot be very far. The initial idea was for uganda to connect to the sea through the northern Corridor. But it now seems that the Lapsset corridor will be more economical for Ugandan Oil exports.
Uganda is actually going to be the largest beneficiary of developments in Kenya. It can export crudeoil through both the Northern Corridor and Lapsset.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
For those too lazy to think. The entire Lapsset is a number of mega projects in the region. It involves the creation of a complete transport corridor. The entire project will cost US$23 bn. Broken under: Juba-Lamu Pipeline US$3bn; JUba-Lamu Railway Line $8.1 bn; Lamu Port $5.3 bn. 1700 KM of roads US$ 1.5 bn.
There are three resort cities that are estimated to cost more US$700million, Refineries, power generation, Airports, all cost 23 billion.

Already the government of Kenya has advertised for contractors to build the first three of the 32-berth Lamu port. Toyota Tusho has bid for the US$5 billion Pipeline. The indication is tthe project is a viable business venture and that is why large private sector plays are showing interest.
:eek:hno::nuts::nuts:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.