SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TPP head office

Situated just 500 metres from the current office, the new building will accommodate over 600 staff within 85,000 sq feet.

Designed by: Bowman Riley architects.
Main contractors: ISG.
Due completion: Spring 2015.

·
6,891 Posts
This is a good and large development for somewhere like Horsforth, or any suburb this far out, so is a good move forward for Leeds in general.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I bought a car from that site once. This will be a much improved area. The old garages had become a bit of an eyesour. TPP must be raking it in from the NHS.

·
ßANNED
4,234 Posts
I bought a car from that site once. This will be a much improved area. The old garages had become a bit of an eyesour. TPP must be raking it in from the NHS.
I have a friend who works there, and judging from those conversations they really are. They're very busy in a number of key overseas markets too, so the company is an asset to Leeds. Good for the local economy too, as much of the workforce is in the Queens Arms getting trollied every Friday evening! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I have a friend who works there, and judging from those conversations they really are. They're very busy in a number of key overseas markets too, so the company is an asset to Leeds. Good for the local economy too, as much of the workforce is in the Queens Arms getting trollied every Friday evening! :cheers:
I've debated applying to work for them. One of the criteria they have is you have to relocate to LS16 which is where I grew up!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mobile crane on site, massive steel beams in place. Plus there is steel a crane base in place.
Steel beams are Deltabeams, fabricated and delivered from Slovakia.
http://www.tpp-uk.com/latest-news-stories/tpp-office-build-enters-vital-new-phase/
These Deltabeams form the horizontal frame elements connecting into traditional vertical column sections, fabricated in Bramley. Precast Hollowcore planks fabricated in Stourton form the floor plates, some of the spans are up to 18m hence the massive Deltabeams!!

Tower crane is due to go up over the next few days.

Cheers.

·
ßANNED
4,234 Posts
I've debated applying to work for them. One of the criteria they have is you have to relocate to LS16 which is where I grew up!
It's LS18... or a half hour drive from their office in rush hour traffic, more accurately (not sure they even count as far as central Headingley for that though).

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Originally Posted by Paf_82 View Post
I would think twice if I were you. Although TPP is a great Leeds success story, like EMIS, a provider of GP and healthcare software computer systems, the very senior management has "issues". This is well known amongst the company and Leeds GP's. I'll leave it at that!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I would think twice if I were you. Although TPP is a great Leeds success story, like EMIS, a provider of GP and healthcare software computer systems, the very senior management has "issues". This is well known amongst the company and Leeds GP's. I'll leave it at that!
Haha so does the company I work for now! "Issues" amongst senior management are routine! :nuts:

Only debated it when looking for options if my current role goes to the pan. m trying to move back to that area so the commute was appealing.

·
Village Idiot
225 Posts
It's LS18... or a half hour drive from their office in rush hour traffic, more accurately (not sure they even count as far as central Headingley for that though).
Is this confirmed as fact? Sorry to question but I'm selling a 2 bed in Horsforth and struggling to move it at present. A large influx of FTB onto the market in that area would be very welcome!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Another great addition to the regional health hub.

Quite brave to develop on this scale in a suburb given the limited infrastructure e.g. the dick Turpins dirt track highway aka Leeds ring road. Still, EMIS manage OK in Rawdon!

Great vid.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts