SkyscraperCity banner

881 - 900 of 909 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
It's because you've right to exceed 10% above the limit, so 90 KM/H is the absolute limit here, you'll get a ticket if you drive above 90 KM/S.
Then why don't other signs show the maximum speed minus 10%? It seems that there are 50 and 70 km/h signs when according to this rule they should be 63 and 55.

I'm not trying to deny your point, I'm just asking out of curiosity :)

·
31,697 Posts
Don't know, I don't know who is in charge about those 🤷‍♂️

·
51,120 Posts

·
51,120 Posts
Two major sections of O-21 will open to traffic tomorrow, 4 September:

• Ankara-Acıkuyu (105 km)
  • Alayhan-Gölcük (57 km)

O-21 links Ankara to Niğde and on to the south coast of Turkey. This would really create a cross-country motorway network, as you can drive from Edirne to Istanbul, to Izmir, to Ankara, to Adana and to Şanlıurfa.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Once the O21 opens how many km of O roads are still under construction and where??? There is a bit well east of Istanbul and a bit NW of the Canakkale bridge is all I can see,

The contracting rate has dropped a lot in recent years and there is no sign of a recovery yet. The O21 is almost the last of a series of major contracts dating from the mid 2010s.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Once the O21 opens how many km of O roads are still under construction and where??? There is a bit well east of Istanbul and a bit NW of the Canakkale bridge is all I can see,

The contracting rate has dropped a lot in recent years and there is no sign of a recovery yet. The O21 is almost the last of a series of major contracts dating from the mid 2010s.
There was a tender for Denizli-Aydın motorway last month. Probably constraction will start very soon.

·
Registered
609 Posts
So the opened section is the one from Ankara to north of Aksaray (if i am not mistaken it is near lake Tuz)?? And what is the remaining section's length??

·
51,120 Posts
Red and blue sections are open. Yellow part (152 km) will be opened in this year.
29 October is the planned opening date of the remainder of O-21:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Is the Tekirdag - Canakkale motorway a continuation of the Kuzey Ege (Izmir - Aliaga) motorway or it has nothing to do with it??

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
^ Yes it is, but it's not called Kuzey Ege... It is Kuzey Marmara Otoyol (KMO).
The route start from Kinali (O3), goes near Tekirdag and take on section in construction Malkara - Canakkale...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So, not sure if anyone has noticed, but KGM updated their maps recently, showing a series of future planned motorways. Example:

So, on this basis, I made a general map, of all, with O-21 updated to reflect recent openings.
Seems that we're at the end of a wave of construction generally, not much "Red" on the map.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Chanakkale bridge towers seem almost completed, really impressive on site. Hopefully Turkey will build a motorway to Edirne as well (still no plans as I see on this map).
But, does already not exist very good 4 lane road from Canakkale to Edirne?

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
But, does already not exist very good 4 lane road from Canakkale to Edirne?
Thats the thing, a lot of the 'old' main roads in Turkey are good 4 lane roads but they are not very safe and are speed limited quite severely. And Turkey is a very big country which needs a higher quality road spine now.

881 - 900 of 909 Posts