SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Passionately Apathetic
5,324 Posts
Except for the first post, the rest look rather drab and uncomfortable tbh. They'll probably look a lot better with a little more maintenance.
Aye definitely, just looks like a few areas of property that need done up, after which they would look amazing.

Edit: Actually, I dunno, the second post really does it for as well. :dunno:

·
Registered
11,633 Posts
Aye definitely, just looks like a few areas of property that need done up, after which they would look amazing.

Edit: Actually, I dunno, the second post really does it for as well. :dunno:
Yep, they would look amazing, but these traditional houses are a huge headache to maintain, and nowhere as comfortable as modern ones.

IMO, if one could combine modern materials and amenities with the traditional look, that would be fantastic.

·
Passionately Apathetic
5,324 Posts
Yep, they would look amazing, but these traditional houses are a huge headache to maintain, and nowhere as comfortable as modern ones.

IMO, if one could combine modern materials and amenities with the traditional look, that would be fantastic.
Nail on the head there, how do we combine character with modern materials without falling to pastiche? I think modern Japan has managed to do it in places, my sister was over there 2 months ago, stayed in a modern traditional for a week and said it was the most comfortable week of her life :yes:

Really love oriental Asia. :nuts:

1 - 20 of 313 Posts