Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Train guards

In my opinion even though the white flag man is needed for safety on busy stations it would cost too much to have an attendant on all stations.

A good compromise with the stand-off between the drivers and the government would be if the guard also was a conductor able to enforce things like no unruly behaviour and check Opal cards even if it means more pay for both him and the driver.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/sydney-rail-workers-refuse-to-staff-new-trains-20200206-p53y9u.html

·
WARREN
7,975 Posts
able to enforce things like no unruly behaviour and check Opal cards even if it means more pay for both him and the driver
Good luck being one-up trying to enforce revenue protection and act as an unarmed cop in this country with all of it's ferals!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck being one-up trying to enforce revenue protection and act as an unarmed cop in this country with all of it's ferals!
I remember when we all stood up for God save the Queen but there is now less respect for authority.

In the mine we got danger money if we did timber drawing or outburst so maybe the guards should get a bit more with the increased risk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.