Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... this is a very important disgusting issue. The question is which trains do and don't do it all over the tracks? Discuss at will!

·
Registered
726 Posts
The only diesel train in the Northern rail fleet which doesnt is the class 180. The rest are all over the tracks jobbies. Lovely!

142 144 150 155 156 153 158

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
Thats if you can use the loos on the trains, they are always mysteriously occupied for an entire journey by several teenagers with no ticket.

·
Two Three, Four and One!
510 Posts
I swear that over the last 6 months or so I've seen an increase in the number of loos on trains that are out of order, or at least haven't been cleaned.

A couple of months ago I was on an 8-carriage Southern train where all 4 loos weren't working.

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
The tracks next to the West Midlands platforms at Euston (as opposed to Virgin and Overground) are "Andrex-covered" in a way not ever seen before.

Dunno why.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The tracks next to the West Midlands platforms at Euston (as opposed to Virgin and Overground) are "Andrex-covered" in a way not ever seen before.

Dunno why.
I've noticed something similar at Paddington like that, quite foul in this day and age.

As for out of order toilets, Virgin drive me up the wall. Either their crap or they are programmed to lock once they have been used so many times cause I've been on trains where most of them have been out of order. Side tracking but it's all toilet humour related :lol:

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
amazes me in this day and age. wouldn't want to work on the railroads!
Oxford Road Station Platform 2 would amaze you at 7.30am. Am sure some takes a morning dump every morning for anyone who glances the wrong way to have a look at.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
More importantly, why are there so few toilets on Virgin's Pendolinos. The trains they replaced had, AFAIK, 4 toilets per carriage. On a Pendolino most carriages only have one.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
More importantly, why are there so few toilets on Virgin's Pendolinos. The trains they replaced had, AFAIK, 4 toilets per carriage. On a Pendolino most carriages only have one.
There are 76 seats in a most dense Pendolino carriage with others varying between 18 and 62. Why does that need more than one toilet?

There are only 'so few' because there were too many before.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
I prefer the trains to drop it on the tracks. In this country most trains seem to lock their toilets because they can't handle anymore shit, their tanks are full.

Caught a Northern Rail train from Ashton to Liverpool last year and the toilet was blocked, the pan was brimming full with big floaters. Get them on the track were they belong, theres enough diesel oil dropping on the track to neutralise the smell.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I prefer the trains to drop it on the tracks. In this country most trains seem to lock their toilets because they can't handle anymore shit, their tanks are full.

Caught a Northern Rail train from Ashton to Liverpool last year and the toilet was blocked, the pan was brimming full with big floaters. Get them on the track were they belong, theres enough diesel oil dropping on the track to neutralise the smell.
That was on a train that DOES drop onto the tracks.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
It was one with the long carriages and end doors that goes over the old LMR.
Yes, which flushes onto the track. Your post suggests that you think it is a train that doesn't and that the tank was full. It was just blocked. I would prefer a toilet with a tank which locks out of use when the retention tank is full that contending a bog full of floaters :)

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Yes, which flushes onto the track. Your post suggests that you think it is a train that doesn't and that the tank was full. It was just blocked. I would prefer a toilet with a tank which locks out of use when the retention tank is full that contending a bog full of floaters :)
I prefer the European system where you can actually see the track when you flush.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Do the 185s flush on the track? I've noticed that the flush doesn't work as it drops below a certain speed, i.e. so you can't flush whilst in a station.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts