Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like, rail, buses etc..... im fresh out of Brissy, so i have no clue, i think macka has buses, so dose rocky.. and rockhamptons main bus staion is full of retarts.. Bolsover St by Kern Arcade Parking... visit if must.. very disgusting!

what about the larger cities?? like cairns or townsville.. do they have trains or crap that come from the south (cairns) or south/ south west? (Thuringowa) and ll other areas??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i miss when i was in NYC for a month... mass transit is so.. weird.. thats the awesome part!

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
There is already a thread for this. "Sunbus Thread" in Regional Queensland forums. That were you will find all this info.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Like, rail, buses etc..... im fresh out of Brissy, so i have no clue, i think macka has buses, so dose rocky.. and rockhamptons main bus staion is full of retarts.. Bolsover St by Kern Arcade Parking... visit if must.. very disgusting!

what about the larger cities?? like cairns or townsville.. do they have trains or crap that come from the south (cairns) or south/ south west? (Thuringowa) and ll other areas??
no where outside of SEQ has a city train service, only buses......:eek:hno:, I refuse to catch buses from the City Interchange, it is horrible, I catch buses from East Street, which is bad as well, but no where near like Kern Arcade. The thing that also sucks about PT in Rocky is that there are no bus stops/shelters/seats or timetables anywhere, and if there are they are either graffitied or aren't on the board where there supposed to be.

RockyCC/RockyRC has been proposing a inner-city bus interchange/transit centre for years, and have said there are plenty of places in the city to build one, but there are all just promises..............which are never kept.

Also I read the other day Rockhampton has 46 buses and 620,000 people catch buses here annually, Cairns has 52 buses and 1,600,000 people catch them annually & T'ville has 47 buses and over 1,150,000 people catch them annually.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
An average of 1,698 bus boardings per day in Rockhampton "region" - possibly including school buses.

Or 43 full buses per day.

Quite poor.

And there are trains outside of Brisbane - being QR Traveltrain, long distance services varying from once daily to twice weekly, on some routes ie Brisbane to Rockhampton there are more from multiple routes combining, but still no more than 2 to 3 per day.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
no where outside of SEQ has a city train service, only buses......:eek:hno:, I refuse to catch buses from the City Interchange, it is horrible, I catch buses from East Street, which is bad as well, but no where near like Kern Arcade. The thing that also sucks about PT in Rocky is that there are no bus stops/shelters/seats or timetables anywhere, and if there are they are either graffitied or aren't on the board where there supposed to be.

RockyCC/RockyRC has been proposing a inner-city bus interchange/transit centre for years, and have said there are plenty of places in the city to build one, but there are all just promises..............which are never kept.

Also I read the other day Rockhampton has 46 buses and 620,000 people catch buses here annually, Cairns has 52 buses and 1,600,000 people catch them annually & T'ville has 47 buses and over 1,150,000 people catch them annually.
T'will be good once Tville phases all of the old ones I would say only twenty of them remain, the rest are all those flash biggin ones.

·
Registered
663 Posts
An average of 1,698 bus boardings per day in Rockhampton "region" - possibly including school buses.

Or 43 full buses per day.

Quite poor.

And there are trains outside of Brisbane - being QR Traveltrain, long distance services varying from once daily to twice weekly, on some routes ie Brisbane to Rockhampton there are more from multiple routes combining, but still no more than 2 to 3 per day.
I know there are long distance trains outside of SEQ, i was talking about local trains, eg QR Citytrain, nowhere else in QLD outside of SEQ has local trains between all the suburbs etc.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts

They're interesting figures, but i read last year Sunbus Townsville had a bus patronage of 2.1 million, and Cairns was close to 2.7 million.

·
6,438 Posts
^^The source of your data from the GoTransit website says the population of Townsville is 154,000 - I'm thinking it must be a few years old and given that population has gone up, patronage has probably increased as well. I found mention of a patronge figure of "more then 1.46 million" for Sunbus Townsville in "2006/07" (financial year I guess?) in this article. So thats 4000 boardings a day, or 93 fully loaded Bustech MDi's - pretty crap.

·
Registered
663 Posts
^^The source of your data from the GoTransit website says the population of Townsville is 154,000 - I'm thinking it must be a few years old and given that population has gone up, patronage has probably increased as well. I found mention of a patronge figure of "more then 1.46 million" for Sunbus Townsville in "2006/07" (financial year I guess?) in this article. So thats 4000 boardings a day, or 93 fully loaded Bustech MDi's - pretty crap.
Well I guess that crap public transport means crap patronage, oh well that is private companies like Sunbus for ya.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
Up to Queensland Transport to fund services, not the bus operators :eek:hno:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all.. grrrrrr.. the brissy trains are what i went o school on.. i catch a discusting scummy sunbus!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks all.. grrrrrr.. the brissy trains are what i went o school on.. i catch a discusting scummy sunbus!
Not all the Sunbuses are that bad, it just depends which bus you get though, for my school bus we always get the new Bustech MDi's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
^^brissy trains are worse, i catch one to work everyday, they smell like piss occasionally, and yesterday i saw some guy get off the train then hock it up into his hand and wipe it on to his shorts (he wasnt all there), due to you having to press a button or turn the handle to open the doors i now will always rigoursly wash my hands afterwards

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not all the Sunbuses are that bad, it just depends which bus you get though, for my school bus we always get the new Bustech MDi's.
Yeah, i'm in gracemere, so we get the old ones, cause they come up from the mount where all the freaks are!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yeah, i'm in gracemere, so we get the old ones, cause they come up from the mount where all the freaks are!
Well if you live in Gracemere, wouldn't that mean that you catch Youngs Bus Service, cause Sunbus doesn't go to Gracemere or the mount.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
I thought all the Young's buses were like brand new and what not.

·
Registered
663 Posts
yeah most of them are, except for the school buses.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts