SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mancunian Member
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...could we split it into sub forums e.g.

- Road
- Heavy Rail
- Light Rail
- Air
- Sea

:)

·
I love those crazy dutch
11,551 Posts
Not a fan of that suggestion, chogmook. There's already too many bloody subforums around the UK section to keep track of, and I hardly think that section has the activity to justify it? Maybe the administration could make use of the new 'Prefix' system that 3.7 offers now, where a particular forum can be assigned particular tags that go in front of a thread title to distinguish each thread, they can be bold, different fonts and coloured you know!

Ahem.

·
Mancunian Member
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Didn't know you could do that now! Interesting!

I guess I'm just being a bit OCD, but with seperate sub forums, I think it may encourage new threads, due to the options given e.g.

- Road (Motorways, bus stations, signs, by-passes, road bridges, service stations etc...)
- Heavy rail (Mainlines, HSR, Crossrail, regional commuter lines/networks, rolling stock, stations, Maglev etc...)
- Light Rail (Trams, Monorail, Tram-trains, stations etc...)
- Air (Civilian & Military airports/airstrips, aircraft, routes, carriers etc...)
- Maritime (Docks, Ports, Rivers, Canals, Boats, Ships, Cruises, Harbours, Marinas, Quays, Container terminals etc...)

Can you imagine ALL that under just one main forum?

·
Registered
30,466 Posts
Tram-trains are kinda trams and trains though aren't they...

Maybe 2 sections; roads and public transport. Or splitting it into local (e.g DLR), regional (e.g Northern crossrail), national (e.g high speed links) and international (e.g airport issues).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts