SkyscraperCity banner

3481 - 3488 of 3488 Posts

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
I feel like the north is celebrating a bit prematurely in relation to this news about HS2
From skim reading the Metro freesheet this morning, I thought it was significant that it was said that after the Birmingham section is built there will be 'a public review to ensure taxpayers are getting value for money'.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
As for Hillary Benn, he's one of those dynasty Labour MPs like the Kinnocks or Leeds' own Richard Burgon (aka the PlusNet man), who publically champion social justice whilst ensuring that their own family members are guaranteed plum jobs throughout the generations.

Burgon's father, Colin, supported the right of the east Leeds lot to go to my School at the same time as he was sending his own son to St Aidan's in Harrogate.

·
Silent but deadly
1,109 Posts
I’ve always been pessimistic about the Leeds leg getting built. If they do insist on building the Manchester leg first, the politicians from the eastern side of the country should insist that transport and possibly other spending should be strongly skewed to the eastern side of the country until that leg is complete. In the unlikely event that the Leeds leg gets built the skewing could be reversed. This would at least help to counteract the huge competitive advantage the western side would otherwise enjoy and restore some sense of justice. I certainly would not be relying on a promise that the Leeds leg will eventually go ahead.

3481 - 3488 of 3488 Posts